Cobol compile can't locate db2
Author Message
 Cobol compile can't locate db2

Hi

I have an AIX 4.3.3 system with ibm cobol using db2 connect 6.1 and
when I try to compile with this command

cob2  -c -x -o AICM020.o -I/app/rptst/db2adm4/sqllib/include/cobol_a
-I/app/rptst/src/copy -I/usr/mqm/inc -qpgmname\(mixed\) -qlib
-q"SQL('database "dsna" COLLECTION "AIX" datetime eur')"  AICM020.cbl

I get an error indicating db2 isn't there like this

 IGYDS0220-S   Unable to locate the DB2 product.  Install the DB2
 product then recompile. All "EXEC SQL" statements will be discarded.

If I use the db2 prep statement and bind it manually, the program
compiles fine. What is it looking for that gives the error?

 I have thousands of lines of code to change so using the bind
manually so it is not an option. The strange thing is all I am doing
is moving from an F50 system to an H80 with (supposedly) the same
versions of all the software.

The only difference I can see is that the F50 has db2_06_01.xlic
(Extended license support for UDB) installed rather than the H80 which
has db2_06_01.clic (Connect license support).

Any help would be much appreciated
Ian Boyes

Wed, 09 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

2. Compiling CICS / DB2 programs on IBM VisualAGE COBOL v2.2

3. IBM PC COBOL/CICS/DB2 Compile Probs

4. MF COBOL - DB2/2 compile step hangs?

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...