COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter
Author Message
 COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

I would like to try writing cgi scripts with COBOL. I've reviewed the
documentation on the subject from Fujitsu but the sample program  it
constantly refers to was not included in the v3.0 Starter kit. I emailed
Fujitsu but have yet to receive a reply. Any assistance from anyone who has
some experience writing cgi programs with COBOL would be greatly
appreciated.

Mike

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

Quote:

>I would like to try writing cgi scripts with COBOL. I've reviewed the
>documentation on the subject from Fujitsu but the sample program  it
>constantly refers to was not included in the v3.0 Starter kit. I emailed
>Fujitsu but have yet to receive a reply. Any assistance from anyone who has
>some experience writing cgi programs with COBOL would be greatly
>appreciated.

>Mike

Mike:

Actually, Fujitsu didn't write the CGI software included with the
compiler.  It was written by Mr. Bob England of England Technical
Services (ETS).

Bob now has a newer version out called COBOL CGIX which is much
better.  For ETS contact information, go visit:

http://www.netins.net/showcase/etsinc/

Good luck!

Bob Wolfe, flexus
Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

Quote:
> Any assistance from anyone who has
> some experience writing cgi programs with COBOL would be greatly
> appreciated.

Mike, this is a repost, but i hope it helps:

Gazaloo
gaz at home dot com

======

here's a simple example i have for an older MERANT compiler (Visual Object
COBOL). the example should work just fine with the current product (Net
Express).

a nice/slick alternative to using external-forms to output a page is to
simply embed the HTML into your program. in this case the 01 output-page
item is not needed and instead of the 'display output-page', you have:

exec html
    copy "output.htm"
end exec

well, something like that anyway. it's been a while. you can of course just
enter HTML directly; you don't have to use copybooks. anyway, pretty simple,
COBOL/SQL-like implementation.

==>start of cobolcgi source
identification division.

working-storage section.
01 input-page is external-form.
   03  name-field pic x(30) identified by "Name".
   03  phone-no   pic x(30) identified by "Phone".
   03  email      pic x(30) identified by "Email".

01 output-page is external-form identified by "output".
   03  name-field pic x(30) identified by "Name".
   03  phone-no   pic x(30) identified by "Phone".
   03  email      pic x(30) identified by "Email".

procedure division.

    accept input-page
    move corresponding input-page to output-page
    display output-page
    .
==>end of cobolcgi source

==>start of input.htm
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Sample Form for VISOC</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>Visual Object COBOL Input Form

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="/cgi-bin/cobolcgi.exe"></P>
<PRE>
Name     <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Name" VALUE="" MAXLENGTH="30" >
Email id <INPUT TYPE="TEXT "NAME="Email" VALUE="" MAXLENGTH="30" >
Phone    <INPUT NAME="Phone" VALUE="" MAXLENGTH="12">
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Send Form"><INPUT TYPE="RESET">
</PRE>
</FORM>

</BODY>
</HTML>
==>end of input.htm

==>start of output.htm
<HTML>

<P>*** SAMPLE OUTPUT FORM ***</P>
<P>Dear :name-field</P>
<P>blah blah blah</P>

</HTML>
==>end of output.htm

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Fujitsu COBOL V3 on Sun Solaris together with a C main program

2. I need F3BHOPAS for Fujitsu's COBOL V3

3. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

4. Fujitsu cobol V3

5. URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

6. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

7. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

8. fujitsu cobol v3

9. Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

10. Changing Printers with Fujitsu COBOL V3

11. NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3

12. fujitsu cobol v3.0