MF Dialog System 2.5.64
Author Message
 MF Dialog System 2.5.64

Somebody knows what is the future of Dialog. I feel Micro Focus is very
silent about the future concerning development tools to PC's. What about
the people that do not need NetExpress?

The last release of Dialog is dated 1996 .

Fernando Kvistgaard

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Dialog System 2.5.64

Quote:

> Somebody knows what is the future of Dialog. I feel Micro Focus is very
> silent about the future concerning development tools to PC's. What about
> the people that do not need NetExpress?

> The last release of Dialog is dated 1996 .

When we had bugs, we kept hearing that it was fixed in 3.0.  Then 3.0
was rolled into Net Express.  We still wanted Dialog 3.0 and 16 bit.  We
were out of luck.  I left that company, but they are still using 2.5.64.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Dialog System 2.5.64

Quote:

>> Somebody knows what is the future of Dialog. I feel Micro Focus is very
>> silent about the future concerning development tools to PC's. What about
>> the people that do not need NetExpress?

>> The last release of Dialog is dated 1996 .

>When we had bugs, we kept hearing that it was fixed in 3.0.  Then 3.0
>was rolled into Net Express.  We still wanted Dialog 3.0 and 16 bit.  We
>were out of luck.  I left that company, but they are still using 2.5.64.

The response that I have received from Micro Focus has pretty well confirmed
this last post.

Dialog System is still be developed and supported - but ONLY as a part of
NetExpress.

If this makes you unhappy, I would have someone in your senior management
contact Micro Focus' senior management (in writing) and indicate your
displeasure.

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help about the use of 3-D on MF Dialog 2.5.64

2. MF Dialog System

3. MF Dialog System, how to use

4. MF Cobol & Dialog System VENDO

5. MF Cobol per Dos e Dialog System VENDO

6. sp2 vs MF Dialog System

7. HELP: MF Dialog System useless with new cobol v3.2

8. Vendo MF Object Cobol E Dialog System 32 Bit

9. MF Dialog System POST-USER-EVENT

10. MF Dialog Question - Growing old sucks

11. MF-dialog where to find LINK32

12. MF Dialog