Problem calling COBOL DLL from VB4-16bit
Author Message
 Problem calling COBOL DLL from VB4-16bit

I have a problem with a COBOL DLL which I am calling from VB.  The DLL has
worked for years but we have recently had some changes applied to the COBOL
code.  With the new DLL everything seems fine except when the VB program is
run for a second time, on exit from the DLL the machine GPFs.

I am using a normal Declare statement to identify the library and the entry
point etc.

If I reboot the machine, load VB, run the program, call the COBOL function
and then immediately do a GetModuleUsage(GetModuleHandle("DLLNAME")), the
usage count is 2.  Using the old DLL the usage count is 1 (which it should
be).

If I exit VB, start VB again and do the same again, the machine GPFs when I
exit VB.

The DLL is compiled using Microfocus COBOL compiler.

I would really appreciate some help.

my email address is ian dot bate at {*filter*} dot net

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem calling COBOL DLL from VB4-16bit
Ian,

You will need to contact Merant Technical Support who should be able to
provide you with an updated version of the run-time libraries in order to
fix this problem. It was resolved some time ago.

Quote:

>I have a problem with a COBOL DLL which I am calling from VB.  The DLL has
>worked for years but we have recently had some changes applied to the COBOL
>code.  With the new DLL everything seems fine except when the VB program is
>run for a second time, on exit from the DLL the machine GPFs.

>I am using a normal Declare statement to identify the library and the entry
>point etc.

>If I reboot the machine, load VB, run the program, call the COBOL function
>and then immediately do a GetModuleUsage(GetModuleHandle("DLLNAME")), the
>usage count is 2.  Using the old DLL the usage count is 1 (which it should
>be).

>If I exit VB, start VB again and do the same again, the machine GPFs when I
>exit VB.

>The DLL is compiled using Microfocus COBOL compiler.

>I would really appreciate some help.

>my email address is ian dot bate at {*filter*} dot net

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling COBOL DLL from VB4-16bit

2. How to Calling COBOL DLL from VB4-16bit

3. 32-bit MF COBOL DLL calling from VB4

4. Problems in calling Fortran DLLs from VB4 32-bit

5. Problem O2/2 warp 32bit cobol calling 16bit c

6. Fortran DLL called from VB4?

7. VB4 calls MS FPST4.0 dll - Example ?

8. Want to use CLarion with VB4 16bit, paradoxal ?!

9. MF cobol 16bit call under VisOc

10. VB 6 call to Fujitsu COBOL DLL problem

11. REXX calling MF Cobol DLLs problem

12. Problems with C/C++ Cobol DLL call