Any sites using OO (particularly OO COBOL) development on the mainframe
Author Message
 Any sites using OO (particularly OO COBOL) development on the mainframe

I am starting to get some replies from IBM-MAIN on OO use(s) on IBM
mainframes.  I will "forward" them on to this NG as they come in (even if -
like this one - they basically ignore COBOL).

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com

Quote:
> > If no one in this list knows of anyone using OO COBOL on the
> > mainframe, I am
> > interested how much (if any) OO development in OTHER products
> > is going on -
> > on IBM mainframes.  Are such sites using Java? C++, other?

> Yes.

> > Finally, does anyone know of any companies providing "off the
> > shelf" OO class
> > libraries targeted at the OS/390 environment?

> No.

> How's that for a cryptic response? Ok, (slightly) more detail.

> (1) Yes, we are doing object development in several languages including
> Java, C++, C and even assembler. Don't ask how.

> (2) No, I am not aware of any company offering class libraries targeted at
> OS/390 (yet).

> Chris.

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any sites using OO (particularly OO) development on the mainframe

2. IBM mainframe use of OO COBOL

3. OO Cobol Books for the Mainframe

4. MicroFocus OO Compiler (4.0.32) or Any OO COBOL Compiler

5. OO COBOL using Fujitsu 4.0

6. OO Using Classic COBOL

7. SENIOR OO SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WITH OO SAVVY - TORONTO

8. OO SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WITH OO SAVVY - TORONTO

9. OO SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WITH OO SAVVY - TORONTO

10. OO SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WITH OO SAVVY - TORONTO

11. Use of O.O. metrics to estimate the effert and cost of O.O. projects

12. Real OO (was Choice of OO primitives in Ada95)