Job openings Cobol, CICS, VSAM Programmers in New York City
Author Message
 Job openings Cobol, CICS, VSAM Programmers in New York City

Quote:

> >(Heppanap) writes:

> >>We have immediate openings in New York City for people with 2-3 years
> >>experience in Cobol, CICS, VSAM Programmers, salary ranges from 65-85K.
> >>Please foward your resume to:

> >>Lizette Koppel
> >>Account Manager
> >>Concepts in Computing, Inc.
> >>Phone: 212-765-9878
> >>Fax: 212-765-9879

> >Hmmmm, these numbers are higher than I thought for the experience. Maybe
> >the dam's busted after all

> >..but then, NYNY does have a high cost of living...

> >..still, 85K ain't bad.... 2-3 years...  Doesn't say "degree from MIT in
> >Computer Science."

> >..need to think this one over,  they could be hiring 20 year olds who
> >went to COBOL-Tech for 6 months after highschool....

> >..you did say 85K, yep, right up there at the top...

> >Cory Hamasaki

> Would love to know what they are willing to pay for 15+ years hands-on
> experience with those three (CICS/COBOL/VSAM), as well as 11+ with
> IMS, some 8+ with SQL (DB2 and mainframe Oracle), and project leader/
> management skills to boot....

> I have to admit, no headhunter has come up with an impressive # so far
> in the NY area....

WWHHHAATTTT????

Don't you guys know a "come-on" ad when you see one?  And
to answer Mark's question:  a guy with 15+ years' experience
can expect to be offered an entry level compensation.  That's
the name of the game these days.

Today, the scam is not the classical bait-and-switch.  It is
bait-and-switch-and-switch-and-switch-and-switch-and-switch...

Under the new technique, that to which you are switched becomes
the bait for the next switch, and so on, and so on...

So, if you ask for $1,200/day, the recruiter will lead you on
to believe that he might be willing to pay that much.  When
you are in his office, he'll say that he can pay you only $600
per day.  If you agree to that, then an alarm goes off in
the recruiter's head that flashes "SUCKER ON THE LINE!!!"

Before you know it, the $600/day prospect dissolves into the
sunset, and the next thing he presents to you is a prospect
at $500/day, then a prospect at $400/day, then... OK, I think
you've gotten the progression by now!

Happy trails to you, until we meet again...

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Job openings Cobol, CICS, VSAM Programmers in New York City

2. ** US/NYC COBOL, CICS, VSAM Programmer/Analyst Job Opening !!**

3. New York City -- CICS Internals, 18 month project

4. JOBS: New York, Tandem/Cobol programmers

5. Seeking experienced COBOL PROGRAMMER with CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, IMS, COBOL - Cleveland, OH

6. Clipper Programmer needed in New York City

7. Clipper Programmer Needed - New York City

8. PL/I jobs in New York City?

9. New York New York Smalltalk (Job)

10. Job: New York/Wall St.- COBOL/CICS/VSAM - Snr. programmer analysts

11. 5 COBOL,CICS,DB2 CONTRACT OPENINGS in KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI / 1-800-676-662 #309

12. COBOL,CICS,DB2=Nashville,Jobs Now In The Music City,Bring a friend