Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch
Author Message
 Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch

Quote:

> > Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch

> > Please let me know your opinions on these tools (why would I pick one over
> > the other).  Our shop is about to evaluate both, so I would appreciate
> > knowing what other people have found out (positive and negative) about either
> > product before we begin.

> Well, for openers, Xpediter is not a CAI product <g>. I was a long time
> InterTest user and my employer made the switch to Expediter maybe 18
> months ago. I think Xpediter's superior in every way. The panels are
> ISPF-like and are quite consistent in all environments (TSO & batch &
> CICS, at least). InterTest was built around a command line structure and
> was a good first effort. Xpeditor's a more modern design.

Has anyone ever used Trace?  I think the company is McKinnley software, or something like
that.  We have Intertest at work and I pretty much hate it.  PC de{*filter*}s are better than
that thing!

Is there an Xpeditor for VSE.  Batch and CICS?  We only have the Intertest for CICS, and I've
been begging for a batch de{*filter*}.  But I'd rather it not be Intertest, if the others are better.
--
Frank Swarbrick

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch
You can check out:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Looks to me as though there's no VSE support:-(

Bill {*filter*}

Quote:

> > > Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch

> > > Please let me know your opinions on these tools (why would I pick one over
> > > the other).  Our shop is about to evaluate both, so I would appreciate
> > > knowing what other people have found out (positive and negative) about either
> > > product before we begin.

> > Well, for openers, Xpediter is not a CAI product <g>. I was a long time
> > InterTest user and my employer made the switch to Expediter maybe 18
> > months ago. I think Xpediter's superior in every way. The panels are
> > ISPF-like and are quite consistent in all environments (TSO & batch &
> > CICS, at least). InterTest was built around a command line structure and
> > was a good first effort. Xpeditor's a more modern design.

> Has anyone ever used Trace?  I think the company is McKinnley software, or something like
> that.  We have Intertest at work and I pretty much hate it.  PC de{*filter*}s are better than
> that thing!

> Is there an Xpeditor for VSE.  Batch and CICS?  We only have the Intertest for CICS, and I've
> been begging for a batch de{*filter*}.  But I'd rather it not be Intertest, if the others are better.
> --
> Frank Swarbrick

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Xpediter/TSO versus Intertest/Batch

Quote:

> You can check out:

> http://www.compuware.com/products/iad/

> Looks to me as though there's no VSE support:-(

When I worked for Centura Software (previous name ADS), Xpeditor ran on
MVS and VM. When Compuware bought us out they dropped VM support. There
never was any VSE support. If it exists (existed) it was after I left 6
years ago.

--

Beyond Software, Inc.      http://www.beyond-software.com
"Transforming Legacy Applications"

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running TSO in batch and capturing SYSTSPRT

2. TSO-REXX: Edit Macros in Batch Mode

3. CEDF/InterTest Invoking in Messaging Environment?

4. CA-Intertest

5. Schematics Versus Ruby Glyph (was Verilog versus VHDL)

6. Pl/I in Xpediter

7. XPEDITER

8. Xpediter S0C4

9. Help with xpediter, S0C4 when compiling.

10. Xpediter 7.0 Question

11. RFIND not active in Xpediter

12. XPEDITER Issue