Cariage return line feed
Author Message
 Cariage return line feed

I am using COBOL/400 standard (not ILE) in AS400
what i need is how to fill Cariage return line feed (break page) in
working-storage value.
i am trying using alt+012 and alt+014, it doesn`t work  :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cariage return line feed

Quote:

>I am using COBOL/400 standard (not ILE) in AS400
>what i need is how to fill Cariage return line feed (break page) in
>working-storage value.
>i am trying using alt+012 and alt+014, it doesn`t work  :-)

01  WS-CRLF.
    05  WS-CRLF-CR PIC X VALUE X'0D'.
    05  WS-CRLF-LF PIC X VALUE X'0A'.

DD

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cariage return line feed

Quote:

>I am using COBOL/400 standard (not ILE) in AS400
>what i need is how to fill Cariage return line feed (break page) in
>working-storage value.
>i am trying using alt+012 and alt+014, it doesn`t work  :-)

Try this:
01   HexCR        pic xx value x'0D0A'.

If the AS400 compiler wont accept a hex literal try this:

01  NumericCR  pic s9(4) binary value 3338.
01 NumCR  redefines NumericCR pic xx.

You can then use NumCR or HexCR in STRING statements to cause a carriage
return.

like this:

move spaces to message-text
string
   'This is a message....'
           delimited by size
   HexCR
           delimited by size
  'This is line 2 of the same message...'
           delimited by size
                 into message-text
end-string

Hope this helps,

Pete.

Quote:

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cariage return line feed
I usually make a 78 level for these.

78  const-lf      value X'0A'.
78  const-cr    value X'0D'.

RBA.

Quote:
> I am using COBOL/400 standard (not ILE) in AS400
> what i need is how to fill Cariage return line feed (break page) in
> working-storage value.
> i am trying using alt+012 and alt+014, it doesn`t work  :-)

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cariage return line feed
EXTENSION ALERT (suggestion does not match the question's compiler)

The original question talked about COBOL/400.  The answer uses a level-78.
These two items do NOT match (unless COBOL/400 has had a change that I don't
know about).

You can use a 77-level in COBOL/400 (or any other "conforming" compiler) -
and you can "use it" as a constant - even if that isn't what it is required
to be.  (Then again, you can use an 01-level, or an 02 thru 49-level as a
constant.)

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com

Quote:
> I usually make a 78 level for these.

> 78  const-lf      value X'0A'.
> 78  const-cr    value X'0D'.

> RBA.

> > I am using COBOL/400 standard (not ILE) in AS400
> > what i need is how to fill Cariage return line feed (break page) in
> > working-storage value.
> > i am trying using alt+012 and alt+014, it doesn`t work  :-)

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. line-feed or carriage-return

2. Line feed & Carriage return ++

3. Line Break / Feed (Hard Return)

4. Serial Port Carriage return line feed

5. how to suppress carriage return/line feed?

6. Carriage return and Form feed in TEXT WIDGETS

7. Removing unwanted Line-Feeds ?

8. Insert a line feed

9. Panasonic line feed

10. RxFTP FtpChDir() function outputs line feeds - WHY?

11. Suppressing SAY line feed.

12. Source code to strip line feeds from file