Need a pretty printer with syntax highlightning and many other features ?
Author Message
 Need a pretty printer with syntax highlightning and many other features ?

Would you like a Windows Pretty Printer for COBOL that can:

 * Advanced Syntax highlightning
 * Selectable fonts and colors (For each element: Keywords, labels,
constants etc.)
 * Selecting landscape, portrait, LANDSCAPE WITH TWO COLUMNS, else ?
 * User defined Headers and footers
 * UNIX MAKE like facility that let you print source that is modified since
last printout
 * Print odd/even pages that let you print source on both pages
 * Keep logical units such as procedures and structures on same page (Move
to start of next page if size exceeds the space left on current page)
 * Anything else ??

I am planning to write such a tool and I need your opinion on this. Would
you like such a tool and would you be ready to pay 70-90$ USD for it ? Does
it need to contain other facilities other than those I
mentioned  ??

I need YOUR opinion. Please respond by mail

Sincerely yours

S?ren Dalby
Dalby Data
                        \\\|///

+---------------------oo0-(_)-0oo-----------------------+
|                                                       |
|  Dalby Data * Sneppevej 15, st. th. * 2400  Kbh. NV.  |
|                                                       |
|  Telefon 40 96 00 89             Telefax 31 86 09 20  |
|                                                       |
|                                                       |

|                                                       |

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a pretty printer with syntax highlightning and many other features ?

Quote:

> I am planning to write such a tool and I need your opinion on this. Would
> you like such a tool and would you be ready to pay 70-90$ USD for it ? Does

No and no.  Although I have, very occationally, printed a source
code file in the last 20 years, it has been so rare an event that
special programs would not be justified.  In those rare cases I
have printed two column at 6pt on portrait A4, giving 120 lines
per column.  I am a bit short sighted so I find this an easy
size to read.

Of course others may well like keeping boxes of listings, but I
find them a complete waste.

Quote:
> it need to contain other facilities other than those I
> mentioned  ??

> I need YOUR opinion. Please respond by mail

Nah, read it here.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a pretty printer with syntax highlightning and many other features ?

Quote:

>> I am planning to write such a tool and I need your opinion on this. Would
>> you like such a tool and would you be ready to pay 70-90$ USD for it ? Does

Hell Yes!  I used to use the Lister feature of OS/VS a lot.  I liked
the way it reformatted the source.  In fact, whenever somebody's
rotten code got dumped in my lap, the first thing that happend to it,
was to go through the lister.  I wish IBM had kept it in COBOL II.

Quote:

>> it need to contain other facilities other than those I
>> mentioned  ??

Hmm.  Reformat sounce.  Option as to what column PIC should start in;
all pics in the format S9(nn) or X(nn);  One statement per line;  new
page for each Section/Division;  well you get the idea.
Quote:
>> I need YOUR opinion. Please respond by mail

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advanced 45$ Clarion Source Printer with syntax highlightning as one of many features

2. Need a pretty printer with syntax highlightning and many other features ?

3. pretty printer for feature-structures?

4. A Modula-2 pretty printer needed

5. Pretty Printer for VMS needed.

6. Need help copiling NAPP pretty printer

7. Need Tree Diagrammer and pretty printer

8. Need: tcltk pretty printer / indenter

9. Customizing pretty-print feature of Rational Apex

10. Customizing pretty-print feature of Rational Apex

11. SQL pretty printer in Smalltalk

12. help: code-generation / pretty-printer