CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines
Author Message
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines

Quote:

> Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and batch MVS
> regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're attempting to develop common
> routines that --ideally-- can be shared in either environment.  Thanks

I've done this plenty of times over the last years. We have two LOAD
libraries, one for CICS and one for batch. So the object modules is
just linked to both LOAD libraries.

Jan-Petter ::-Q

 ____|   /)-(\          Jan-Petter Kruger               |____

  \  |   \(T)/                                          |  /
   \ |   () ()   If at first you don't succeed ,        | /
   / |   ()-()     put it out for beta test             | \
  /  |__________________________________________________|  \
 /________)     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jpk/      (__________\

Mon, 22 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines
Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and batch MVS
regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're attempting to develop common
routines that --ideally-- can be shared in either environment.  Thanks

Mon, 22 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines

 lt> Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and
 lt> batch MVS  regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're
 lt> attempting to develop common  routines that --ideally-- can
 lt> be shared in either environment.  Thanks

   We did.  I haven't been involved with that in over a year but I can
try and find out the details for you.

Later,
Joe

Wed, 24 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines
Hi, Larry.

Quote:

>Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and batch MVS
>regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're attempting to develop common
>routines that --ideally-- can be shared in either environment.  Thanks

From an italian cobol programmers, (so i hope no mistakes with english)

Can be the solution to be insert as copy the main program section,
except for the interface with external world (cics or batch), with a
single modification we mantain aligned the twin-routines. Yes, also
the interface with archive is in copy, a ''read in vsam'' or a find in
db2-table are made with the respective copy, ...

I hope this help, otherwise...
...+.*..1....+....2....+....3....+....4
           ADD ONE-MAIL                TO MY-MAILBOX.
      * ;-)
--Max

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines
: Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and batch MVS
: regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're attempting to develop common
: routines that --ideally-- can be shared in either environment.  Thanks

We developed a small assembler routine which is able to check whether the
current program is executing under 'DFHSIP' or not, and return a flag
accordingly.  Our common sub-routines all call this module (which is
statically linked into them) and then manipulate the passed parameter
addresses depending on whether DFHEIBLK and DFHCOMMAREA are to be expected
or not.

All the subroutines are compiled and linked for CICS.  These load modules
can then be executed in both CICS and Batch MVS.

John Cooper
"May the Farce be with you" -- Oldie One Gone Mouldie

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines
You can statically link the routines in under CICS.  Taht way you compile
them as TSO but they can be accessed via an online stub program.

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS & Batch MVS Subroutines

:  lt> Has anyone had any luck sharing subroutines between CICS and
:  lt> batch MVS  regions?  If so, how did you do it?  We're
:  lt> attempting to develop common  routines that --ideally-- can
:  lt> be shared in either environment.  Thanks

:    We did.  I haven't been involved with that in over a year but I can
: try and find out the details for you.

We do. Any shared routine must be coded without any CICS specific code.
We use shared routines for things like date functions and such. We take a
single source module and compile and link it twice. Once for batch and
once for CICS. We set the option for each process appropiately. We do not
use the CICS translator in the CICS process. We've automated this process
so its pretty painless to use. This works for us because we use seperate
load libs for batch and CICS.

I've also seen a number of vendor packages that use common subroutins in
the same library. Its just a matter of picking the least common
denomonator for the compile and link options.

"The {*filter*}s will continue until m{*filter*}improves." - unknown

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using DB2 in a load module in MVS Batch and CICS

2. Using DB2 in a load module in MVS Batch and CICS

3. Using DB2 in a load module in MVS Batch and CICS

4. Batch on unix / CICS transaction on MVS interface

5. Using DB2 in a load module in MVS Batch and CICS

6. US - FL - S.E. ****MVS/CICS PROGRAMMERS (UNIX,MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL)****CONTRACT

7. APPC/CPI-C: MVS Batch to OS/2

8. Smalltalk Batches under MVS

9. Batch or CICS