cobol on linux?
Author Message
 cobol on linux?

I was wondering if anyone knows how i would do if i want to run a cobol
program on a linux machine.
I have been doing some programs on my pc and i thought that i should try
them on my linux, but i've heard that there is not a cobol compiler for
linux them how do i run it linux?
How do you run a cobol program on mainframe?

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 cobol on linux?

Please see the COBOL FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which can be found at

 http://www.netcom.com/~wmklein/cobolfaq.htm

And look for the topic:

3. Where can I get a COBOL compiler?
 3.4 for Linux?

--
+ +
+   Bill Klein -

Quote:

>I was wondering if anyone knows how i would do if i want to run a cobol
>program on a linux machine.
>I have been doing some programs on my pc and i thought that i should try
>them on my linux, but i've heard that there is not a cobol compiler for
>linux them how do i run it linux?
>How do you run a cobol program on mainframe?

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 cobol on linux?

Quote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows how i would do if i want to run a cobol
>program on a linux machine.
>I have been doing some programs on my pc and i thought that i should try
>them on my linux, but i've heard that there is not a cobol compiler for
>linux them how do i run it linux?

There are several options, including

- a freely available COBOL-to-C translator,

- a COBOL interpreter (somewhat commercial; freely available),

- AcuCOBOL, a commercial COBOL compiler,

- There's a "free" MS-DOS-based COBOL interpreter that should run in
emulation mode using DOSEMU,

- Rumour has it that someone is working on a "GNU COBOL;" no news has been
heard about this in about 6 months, so the project may be dead...

See: <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/languages.html> for more details.

-- Henry Spencer          <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microfocus Cobol for Linux - buy or swap with SCO OS5 version

2. Microfocus Cobol for Linux - buy or swap with SCO OS5 version

3. COBOL for Linux on zSeries

4. Free-Cobol for Linux

5. Running RM/Cobol on Linux

6. Microfocus Cobol for Linux - buy or swap with SCO OS5 version

7. COBOL and Linux

8. PRO*cobol for linux oracle

9. Cobol for Linux

10. Error in Micro Focus Cobol for Linux

11. RM/COBOL for Linux and MOUSE

12. wrong characters on COBOL in Linux