DOS ENVIRONMENT IN WINDOWS
Author Message
 DOS ENVIRONMENT IN WINDOWS

I AM WORKING ON A WINDOWS 95 CLIENT ON AN NT SERVER.  I USE FILES=100
AND BUFFERS = 80.  ON THE SHORTCUT I SPECIFIED INITAL ENVIRONMENT OF
3072.  OCCASSIONALLY, WE HAVE PRINTING PROBLEMS.  THE SYSTEM
ADMINISTRATOR THINKS WE SHOULD MODIFY SOME OF THESE VALUES.  DOES ANYONE
HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS

THANKS

MARK LAVINE

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS ENVIRONMENT IN WINDOWS
First of all DONT SHOUT.

Second. Get a new system administrator.

Third. Get a proper operating system.

Quote:
>I AM WORKING ON A WINDOWS 95 CLIENT ON AN NT SERVER.  I USE FILES=100
>AND BUFFERS = 80.  ON THE SHORTCUT I SPECIFIED INITAL ENVIRONMENT OF
>3072.  OCCASSIONALLY, WE HAVE PRINTING PROBLEMS.  THE SYSTEM
>ADMINISTRATOR THINKS WE SHOULD MODIFY SOME OF THESE VALUES.  DOES ANYONE
>HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS

>THANKS

>MARK LAVINE

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS ENVIRONMENT IN WINDOWS
We had the same proplem printing DOS apps in windows...I adjusted my
CONFIG.SYS file Like this
FILES=255
BUFFERS=30
FCBS=32,8

Since then our printing problems went away..

Quote:
> I AM WORKING ON A WINDOWS 95 CLIENT ON AN NT SERVER.  I USE FILES=100
> AND BUFFERS = 80.  ON THE SHORTCUT I SPECIFIED INITAL ENVIRONMENT OF
> 3072.  OCCASSIONALLY, WE HAVE PRINTING PROBLEMS.  THE SYSTEM
> ADMINISTRATOR THINKS WE SHOULD MODIFY SOME OF THESE VALUES.  DOES ANYONE
> HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS

> THANKS

> MARK LAVINE

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel compiler for DOS / environment for windows

2. Using dos/windows environment variables in gawk script

3. DOS/Windows functional environment

4. Using exec in DOS/Windows environment

5. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

6. DOS Box/Full screen from DOS app in Windows

7. Reading DOS environment variables from c4b

8. CW20 and DOS environment variables

9. getting (DOS) environment variables

10. DOS environment variables

11. All DOS machines in pure IP environment

12. CW + Dos environment variables