converting from MF cobol to IBM VA Cobol
Author Message
 converting from MF cobol to IBM VA Cobol

Hi all,

I am quite new to cobol at all. I learned a few things and those
don't compile with my new VA Cobol 2.0:

First:
I have a lot of DIPLAY "something" AT 1010
like statements in my code. The AT is not understood by IBM.
What do I have to get DISPLAY to display characters somewhere
on the screen, like using the AT command?

Thanks for any comment.

Michael

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting from MF cobol to IBM VA Cobol

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I am quite new to cobol at all. I learned a few things and those
> don't compile with my new VA Cobol 2.0:

> First:
> I have a lot of DIPLAY "something" AT 1010
> like statements in my code. The AT is not understood by IBM.
> What do I have to get DISPLAY to display characters somewhere
> on the screen, like using the AT command?

> Thanks for any comment.

> Michael

Michael

Sorry for my other reply - It was a bit silly !!!

I think that you would probably need to change the "AT 1010" to a
LINE/ROW and POSITION/COLUMN structure

Mike.

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting from MF cobol to IBM VA Cobol

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I am quite new to cobol at all. I learned a few things and those
> don't compile with my new VA Cobol 2.0:

> First:
> I have a lot of DIPLAY "something" AT 1010
> like statements in my code. The AT is not understood by IBM.
> What do I have to get DISPLAY to display characters somewhere
> on the screen, like using the AT command?

> Thanks for any comment.

> Michael

Michael

The DIPLAY command was only available in DYSLEXIC CORBAL VERGIN 1.50.

To compile this with VA Cobol you would need to change these to DISPLAY
statements instead.

Mike.

PS - Sorry this was irresistable !!!!!!

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting from MF cobol to IBM VA Cobol

Quote:

>> Hi all,

>> I am quite new to cobol at all. I learned a few things and those
>> don't compile with my new VA Cobol 2.0:

>> First:
>> I have a lot of DIPLAY "something" AT 1010
>> like statements in my code. The AT is not understood by IBM.
>> What do I have to get DISPLAY to display characters somewhere
>> on the screen, like using the AT command?

>> Thanks for any comment.

>> Michael

>Michael

>Sorry for my other reply - It was a bit silly !!!

>I think that you would probably need to change the "AT 1010" to a
>LINE/ROW and POSITION/COLUMN structure

>Mike.

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply.

Could you please be a little more precise, I don't know
what you mean with that. What about a short sourcecode piece?

Thanks once more,

Michael Fahlbusch                    |         TU-Muenchen OS/2 Usergroup
                                     |         Team OS/2

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating MF-COBOL to IBM VA for COBOL

2. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

3. Converting Macros from HP-Cobol II under MPE/iX to MF Cobol under HP-UX 11i

4. convert vax cobol -> MF Cobol

5. Converting from VAX COBOL to MF COBOL

6. Converting WANG COBOL to MF COBOL question

7. MF COMP-5 (was MF COBOL and IBM data types)

8. MF COMP-5 (was MF COBOL and IBM data types)

9. MF Cobol and IBM DB2

10. MF COBOL and IBM data types

11. MF COBOL with Encina SFS on IBM RS/6000

12. IBM MF, MVS, CICS, COBOL, VSAM position available in Research Triangle Park area