MF Dialog question
Author Message
 MF Dialog question

I've got a question regarding MF Dialog.

Here's our background. We have a Windows and a Unix version of our
software. Currently the source for each platform is separate. The
Windows version uses Dialog GUI while the Unix version uses Displays.
I've finally gotten the OK from management to combine the two platforms
provided the effort isn't too extensive (we're talking about 40 GUI
screensets). What I would like to do is continue to use the GUI Dialog
for windows and the Character Dialog for Unix.

Is there a way to convert GUI to Char Dialog? If not, can we reuse
anything from GUI to help create Char?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Dialog question
Look at NetExpress at www.merant.com and maybe you will se a nice way to do
it.
Regards
Ib

Quote:
>I've got a question regarding MF Dialog.

>Here's our background. We have a Windows and a Unix version of our
>software. Currently the source for each platform is separate. The
>Windows version uses Dialog GUI while the Unix version uses Displays.
>I've finally gotten the OK from management to combine the two platforms
>provided the effort isn't too extensive (we're talking about 40 GUI
>screensets). What I would like to do is continue to use the GUI Dialog
>for windows and the Character Dialog for Unix.

>Is there a way to convert GUI to Char Dialog? If not, can we reuse
>anything from GUI to help create Char?

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Dialog question

Quote:
> Look at NetExpress at www.merant.com and maybe you will se a nice way
to do it.
> Regards
> Ib

Thx Ib. We have NetExpress and will be using it shortly. I'm not too
sure what you mean by a "nice way to do it"? If you're referring to Web
pages, that may be an option for us down the road. Right now we have
some Unix customers that access the Unix server through PCs and others
using dummy workstations.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Dialog question
There is nothing nice for your dummy workstations. And I cannot see any
conversion methods between CHAR Dialog and GUI Dialog, except for the
datablock. Object- and dialogdefinitions are completely different.

You're right, I thought about the WEB Applications.

Regards
Ib

Quote:

>> Look at NetExpress at www.merant.com and maybe you will se a nice way
>to do it.
>> Regards
>> Ib

>Thx Ib. We have NetExpress and will be using it shortly. I'm not too
>sure what you mean by a "nice way to do it"? If you're referring to Web
>pages, that may be an option for us down the road. Right now we have
>some Unix customers that access the Unix server through PCs and others
>using dummy workstations.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Dialog Question - Growing old sucks

2. MF Dialog Questions

3. Question about MF Panels and Dialog...

4. MF-dialog where to find LINK32

5. MF Dialog

6. MF Dialog

7. MF GUI Dialog Distributions

8. MF Dialog System

9. MF XDB and Dialog users -

10. MF Dialog System, how to use

11. MF Cobol & Dialog System VENDO

12. MF Cobol per Dos e Dialog System VENDO