learner
Author Message
 learner

Can anybody tell me the keyboard shortcuts. First year student any tips.

                                                                Thanks
Andrew.

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:21:25, Andrew Chidgey

Quote:

> Can anybody tell me the keyboard shortcuts. First year student any tips.

Open Can of Jolt Cola.
Set down next to mouse.
Move Mouse to select terminal window.
Upset can of Cola.
Short out keyboard.

Oh.. wait.. shortCUTS not shortOUTS.  Silly me.

Need more details!  COBOL programmers have the largest brains of any
programmers on the planet, but even we can't read minds - whats your
platform?

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

[snippissmus]

Quote:
>Need more details!  COBOL programmers have the largest brains of any
>programmers on the planet,

Mr Hubbell... I believe in Hebrew the expression is 'Qualitas, non
quantitas'.

DD

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

Quote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:21:25, Andrew Chidgey

> > Can anybody tell me the keyboard shortcuts. First year student any tips.

> Open Can of Jolt Cola.
> Set down next to mouse.
> Move Mouse to select terminal window.
> Upset can of Cola.
> Short out keyboard.

Fix for stuck keyboard:
Lift keyboard off of desk and hold 5 inches above desk.
Drop keyboard.
Repeat until keyboard fixed.

Quote:

> Oh.. wait.. shortCUTS not shortOUTS.  Silly me.

> Need more details!  COBOL programmers have the largest brains of any
> programmers on the planet, but even we can't read minds - whats your
> platform?

Thane,

    Are you sure it is the brain, I thought it was something else.

--
Jeff Farkas

"I calculated the odds of this thing succeeding versus the odds of
it doing something incredibly stupid. . and. . I went ahead anyway"
{Crow from MST3K}

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

Quote:
>Fix for stuck keyboard:
>Lift keyboard off of desk and hold 5 inches above desk.
>Drop keyboard.
>Repeat until keyboard fixed.

IF KEYBOARD-STUCK AND DROP-COUNTER > 5
PERFORM RAISE-KEYBOARD-TO-ONE-FOOT.....

Quote:
>  Are you sure it is the brain, I thought it was something else.

Our ego, perhaps?  Most other language developers and
employers will say that's the case :)

JC Jones.

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

Quote:

>Fix for stuck keyboard:
>Lift keyboard off of desk and hold 5 inches above desk.
>Drop keyboard.
>Repeat until keyboard fixed.

The dishwasher works better. Put in, press "mild",
dry well before using.

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

Quote:

>Can anybody tell me the keyboard shortcuts. First year student any tips.

They are at the top, labelled F1 through F12,
though that may vary by system.  They generally
shortcut to various things, depending on the program,
though that may vary by system, and program. They
can generally be reassigned to do other things, though
that will vary by system, program, and user.

The only variable you have mentioned is your name. With
that single variable set, the answer is that there are no
shortcuts, you will have to do some homework first, then
come back and ask for more.

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 learner

Quote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:21:25, Andrew Chidgey

> > Can anybody tell me the keyboard shortcuts. First year student any tips.

> Open Can of Jolt Cola.
> Set down next to mouse.
> Move Mouse to select terminal window.
> Upset can of Cola.
> Short out keyboard.

> Oh.. wait.. shortCUTS not shortOUTS.  Silly me.

ROTFLMAO, good one, Thane. Perfect for some late night USENETing.
Concerning reading mind's, print's too small:-)

Bill {*filter*}

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. A question from a JforCProgrammers learner...

2. learner question

3. Learner needs on-line manual

4. Learner

5. Help! Another Smalltalk (VW) learner's problem

6. Help! Smalltalk (VW) learner's problem

7. MIT encourages all learners to use the materials for self-study

8. Laptops, Learners and Powerful Ideas Conference

9. Learner led - - prepared environment

10. LOGO-L> Re: New Logo learner

11. "There is not one typical learner."