STUDENT NEED'S HELP
Author Message
 STUDENT NEED'S HELP

I am a student and doing a college course which involves doing COBOL I'm
interested in acquiring a copy of COBOL in which I can run from home.  If
you know of any copy's out their could you please post a reply here.

Thanks in advance

jim

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 STUDENT NEED'S HELP

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 03:11:11 +0100, "bet"

Quote:

>I am a student and doing a college course which involves doing COBOL I'm
>interested in acquiring a copy of COBOL in which I can run from home.  If
>you know of any copy's out their could you please post a reply here.

>Thanks in advance

>jim

"Better than me," huh? Well, not at punctuation, anyway.

You can get a student copy of Microfocus Cobol for about $50 here in
the U.S.

Or, you can buy the _COBOL for Dummies_ book; it has several trial
compilers, and one that appears to be long-term (as opposed to a
90-day trial version). The book is not too good, though.

Also, there is a book called _Revolutionay COBOL_ that has a simple
compiler (haven't tried it out yet).

There appears to be at least one shareware compiler at
www.shareware.com, though I haven't downloaded one yet.

Good luck! (And work on those punctuation skills, for heaven's sake!).
:-).

Randy Smith
Cryonics: Gateway to the Future?
http://members.wbs.net/homepages/c/r/y/cryofan1.html

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help...college student needs help w/cobol prgm.

2. How to? (student need help)

3. A student need Help with Smalltalk

4. student needs help

5. Student needs help, please

6. Desperate college students need help!!!

7. need help in xilinx student edition 2i

8. Student needs a Little Help - video problem

9. Student needs help

10. Student needs HELP!!!

11. Student needs HELP!!!

12. Student needs help.