US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL
Author Message
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Need programmer to take project analysis thru implementation. Analysis of
master files to assess impact
of purging older records. COBOL required.VSAM, CICS,  DB/2 desired. Will
define requirements w/ project manager, work with 10 key users,  do design,
coding. 4 month W-2 hourly contract.
Job DPW526.

--
Pat O'Donnell
Hayden & Assoc., Inc.  (IS Recruiting)

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Need Sr. P/A's, P/A's, programmers for mainframe to partial client/server
migration.  Year 2K, maintenance.  COBOL, CICS, DL/1. 3 month contracts W-2
hourly. Financial software.

--
Pat O'Donnell
Hayden & Assoc., Inc.  (IS Recruiting)
ph:612.941.6300
fx: 612.941.9602

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Need strong COBOL, mainframe programmer, programmer/analyst with IDMS/ADSO
in DOS/VSE environment experience. This is a Yr2K project. Also desired
Cullinet/CASS. Migrating COBOL to Oracle.
6 month W-2 hourly contract.  Job DPM518.

--
Pat O'Donnell
Hayden & Assoc., Inc.  (IS Recruiting)
ph:612.941.6300
fx: 612.941.9602

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Opportunity for IBM COBOL programmer/analyst with experience in DOS/VSE,
DL/1.  EDI experience a bonus. Application sales, order entry, shipping,
accounting. 6 month contract W-2 hourly.
Job DPM487.
--
Pat O'Donnell
Hayden & Assoc., Inc.  (IS Recruiting)
ph:612.941.6300
fx: 612.941.9602

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Quote:

> Need Sr. P/A's, P/A's, programmers for mainframe to partial client/server
> migration.  Year 2K, maintenance.  COBOL, CICS, DL/1. 3 month contracts W-2
> hourly. Financial software.

When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or
range of rates for the position(s) offered; to do otherwise will invite
the readers to fill your email-box with abuse.

DD

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Quote:

> Need programmer to take project analysis thru implementation. Analysis of
> master files to assess impact
> of purging older records. COBOL required.VSAM, CICS,  DB/2 desired. Will
> define requirements w/ project manager, work with 10 key users,  do design,
> coding. 4 month W-2 hourly contract.
> Job DPW526.

When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or a
range of rates for the position(s) open; to do otherwise will cause
people to not take your posting very seriously.

DD

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Quote:

> > Need Sr. P/A's, P/A's, programmers... [snip]
> When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or
> range of rates for the position(s) offered; to do otherwise will invite
> the readers to fill your email-box with abuse.

And posting multiple job ads, even with rates, invites abuse.

By the way, The, I'm pretty sure spam recruiters don't bother to
read this newsgroup; so why not just post your messages direct?

--

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

"A thousand thousand slimy creatures were still alive,
as was I"
      - The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner
Copyright 1997 The Gang of Steves
All Rights Reserved

Quote:

>> Need Sr. P/A's, P/A's, programmers for mainframe to partial client/server
>> migration.  Year 2K, maintenance.  COBOL, CICS, DL/1. 3 month contracts
W-2
>> hourly. Financial software.

>When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or
>range of rates for the position(s) offered; to do otherwise will invite
>the readers to fill your email-box with abuse.

>DD

Not true. The only one that will "fill your email box with abuse" is the

interview? The whole idea is hilarious.

The Lion King

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Quote:
>>When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or
>>range of rates for the position(s) offered; to do otherwise will invite
>>the readers to fill your email-box with abuse.
>Not true. The only one that will "fill your email box with abuse" is the

>interview? The whole idea is hilarious.

Actually, you're not correct either.  Several of us have 'filled their e-mail
box',  but DD seems to do it most consistently and I, for one, am grateful.
This is not a jobs newsgroup, if they want to post here, most people would
prefer to see rates/range of rates to see if it's worth our while to respond.

Also, some headhunters put out stuff like this just trolling for resumes.  Some
indication of rates makes it more likely that he/she has actual positions
they're looking to fill.

Look at any newspaper.  At least here in SC, rates/range of rates are usually
indicated.  (When they're getting desperate, they list '$$open$$).

e-mailed/posted

Thu, 25 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - COBOL

Quote:

> >>When posting to the comp.lang.cobol newsgroup please include a rate or
> >>range of rates for the position(s) offered; to do otherwise will invite
> >>the readers to fill your email-box with abuse.
> >Not true. The only one that will "fill your email box with abuse" is the

> >interview? The whole idea is hilarious.

> Actually, you're not correct either.  Several of us have 'filled their e-mail
> box',  but DD seems to do it most consistently and I, for one, am grateful.

Awwww, shucks, I would blush were I able to remember how... but I missed
the >> response above and that's a shame... I would have loved to have
directed this Worldy-Wise one to the Positions Offered section of each
weekly issue of The Economist and say 'Gawrsh... lot of hilarious people
out there, hyuck hyuck hyuck!'

Quote:
> This is not a jobs newsgroup, if they want to post here, most people would
> prefer to see rates/range of rates to see if it's worth our while to respond.

> Also, some headhunters put out stuff like this just trolling for resumes.  Some
> indication of rates makes it more likely that he/she has actual positions
> they're looking to fill.

> Look at any newspaper.  At least here in SC, rates/range of rates are usually
> indicated.  (When they're getting desperate, they list '$$open$$).

From my rather narrow travels i can say it depends on the area... in
some parts of the country rates are posted, in others not... since the
UseNet is not 'in a part of the country' nobody can be faulted for
following/not following a particular set of rules... this means, of
course, that just as I castigate folks who do not publish so might they
as well call me a poopie-head for demanding same... but I'm a tuff guy,
I can take it.

DD

Thu, 25 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Jobs - COBOL

2. US - MN - Minneapolis- Contract Job - COBOL

3. US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Job - QA Analyst

4. US - MN - Minneapolis - Contract Jobs

5. US - MN - St. Paul - Contract Job - COBOL/Group One

6. Minneapolis, MN: 2 yr. Contract, VisualWorks

7. Minneapolis, MN: VisualWorks Contract

8. Smalltalk Developers 6 month contract - Minneapolis, MN

9. Smalltalk Developers 6 month contract - Minneapolis, MN