Fujitsu Version 6 and Microsoft XP
Author Message
 Fujitsu Version 6 and Microsoft XP

They got married here last week.

So far, the honeymoon is all kissey-kissey and 'baby snookums.'

Whether this union survives is still an open question, but, for now,
there's every indication that future difficulties, if any, can be
overcome.

As an aside, XP moved onto a machine formerly inhabited by another
couple: Win2K and FJ5. The installation process was quick, clean, and
problem-free.

XP is cute and clever. For example, XP, on its own initiative, prowled
throughout our network and found every sharable printer. It then
installed drivers for these printers and added them to XP's
'Printers' table. XP also converted/configured everything about our
network - no human decisions needed.

The resulting XP desktop is BLANK except for the "Recycle Bin' icon,
which, when you think on it, is a tad silly because there's nothing IN
the recycle bin after an install.

If any family fights develop between the slim maiden and the burly
giant, we'll report them here.

Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:57:06 GMT
 Fujitsu Version 6 and Microsoft XP

says...
Quote:

>They got married here last week.

>So far, the honeymoon is all kissey-kissey and 'baby snookums.'

>Whether this union survives is still an open question, but, for now,
>there's every indication that future difficulties, if any, can be
>overcome.

>As an aside, XP moved onto a machine formerly inhabited by another
>couple: Win2K and FJ5. The installation process was quick, clean, and
>problem-free.

>XP is cute and clever. For example, XP, on its own initiative, prowled
>throughout our network and found every sharable printer. It then
>installed drivers for these printers and added them to XP's
>'Printers' table. XP also converted/configured everything about our
>network - no human decisions needed.

>The resulting XP desktop is BLANK except for the "Recycle Bin' icon,
>which, when you think on it, is a tad silly because there's nothing IN
>the recycle bin after an install.

>If any family fights develop between the slim maiden and the burly
>giant, we'll report them here.

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:40:43 GMT
 Fujitsu Version 6 and Microsoft XP
Let's try again shall we....

The only problems you can expect is in getting your application to "look" like
an XP application - using Microsoft Visual Styles.  The solution lies in the
manifest.

says...

Quote:

>They got married here last week.

>So far, the honeymoon is all kissey-kissey and 'baby snookums.'

>Whether this union survives is still an open question, but, for now,
>there's every indication that future difficulties, if any, can be
>overcome.

>As an aside, XP moved onto a machine formerly inhabited by another
>couple: Win2K and FJ5. The installation process was quick, clean, and
>problem-free.

>XP is cute and clever. For example, XP, on its own initiative, prowled
>throughout our network and found every sharable printer. It then
>installed drivers for these printers and added them to XP's
>'Printers' table. XP also converted/configured everything about our
>network - no human decisions needed.

>The resulting XP desktop is BLANK except for the "Recycle Bin' icon,
>which, when you think on it, is a tad silly because there's nothing IN
>the recycle bin after an install.

>If any family fights develop between the slim maiden and the burly
>giant, we'll report them here.

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:42:09 GMT

1. Fujitsu COBOL -- 45,000 Developers Receive Fujitsu COBOL at Microsoft Developer Days

2. Fujitsu Cobol 3.0 and Windows XP

3. Fujitsu Cobol probelm with Windows XP Pro

4. Fujitsu 6.1 and XP Pro

5. Microsoft Cobol Workbench 3.2.50 & Fujitsu Cobol 4

6. Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran v7.0 Beta for the Microsoft .NET Framework

7. Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran Technology Preview for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

8. Microsoft XP Pro Beta - Firewall and Anti-virus

9. Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" logo

10. Microsoft f77 on Windows XP

11. Fujitsu COBOL version 3

12. Fujitsu COBOL version 3