new at cobol
Author Message
 new at cobol

any other languages you want to learn today?

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

good books or videos i could get that would help me learn cobol

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

> any other languages you want to learn today?

I think that the afternoon is reserved for Visual Basic, C++ and J++...
looks to be another dull day.

DD

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Hey DD,
I take a 15 minute break in the afternoon, maybe I'll pick up Assembler
today...gotta cut back my coffee anyway!!

art

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:
>Hey DD,
>I take a 15 minute break in the afternoon, maybe I'll pick up Assembler
>today...gotta cut back my coffee anyway!!

That's enough time to become a bare-metal programmer, sure... once you've
finished all that 'knowledge-transfer' (tilt head to side.  stick funnel
in ear.  pour in 'knowledge'.  straighten up head.  feel 'knowledge' run
out ear) check out a Mr Hamasaki who posts (on occaision) to this group
and (more frequently) to conmp.software.year-2000 ... he *desperately*
needs systems-jockeys who have completed the 'Sleep-Learn BAL in 15
Minutes' course.

DD

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

"My God"

I did that course right after my "Astronaut by Correspondence" course. That Sally
Struthers can sell ANYTHING!!! I finished a week early too. I am on my way and while I
am in the car I am going to learn fortran and Pascal, because I can't look at the road
all the time.

art

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

>any
>good books or videos i could get that would help me learn cobol

I see you got mostly rude reponse.  Pick up Teach Yourself COBOL in 21 Days.
Get the Microfocus Personal COBOL Compiler disk of code for TYC21D and the File
Comparison utility described in the back of the book as a start.  If you run
into problems upgrade to the COBOL Just in Time course.

You can contact me at 818-951-5240 about these things if you wish.
Helen
King Computer Services, Inc.

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

>any
>good books or videos i could get that would help me learn cobol

Teach Yourself COBOL in 21 Days was carefully structured to teach COBOL.  The
structure of the book was carefully worked out so that  the student would learn
one concept or skill and build on it.  Every new term of concept is explained
when it is introduced, in terms that anyone can understand without having to be
a computer expert to grasp. It does not make assupmtions that a student
understand concepts not explained in the book.  This is what makes it the best
selling COBOL text book.

Helen Budlong
Wife of the author and book guinea pig.

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

> > any other languages you want to learn today?

> I think that the afternoon is reserved for Visual BASIC, C++ and J++...
> looks to be another dull day.

> DD

DD,

Looks like the nowadays students are getting very busy.

Rgds,
Chip Ling

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

> > > any other languages you want to learn today?

> > I think that the afternoon is reserved for Visual BASIC, C++ and J++...
> > looks to be another dull day.

> > DD

> DD,

> Looks like the nowadays students are getting very busy.

Pfah... that is because they work *hard*, not *smart*... why, when I was
a young'un we had it *rough*, we had to walk twelve miles to school,
barefoot, in the snow, uphill *both* ways... well, it was a grind let me
tell you... until one day I looked around and said...

..... 'Hey, this *stinks*!... let's take the bus!'

... and the rest is History.

DD

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Quote:

>> > any other languages you want to learn today?

>> I think that the afternoon is reserved for Visual BASIC, C++ and J++...
>> looks to be another dull day.

>> DD

>DD,

>Looks like the nowadays students are getting very busy.

>Rgds,
>Chip Ling

No worse than COBOL, FORTRAN, Systems Design, Business Finance, and
Calculus courses I had to take all at once in college.  And a
work-study job consulting SAS in the afternoon to boot!

Have a nice day

Boyce G. Williams, Jr.

 .--------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | "People should have two virtues:  purpose- the courage to envisage |
 | and pursue valued goals uninhibited by the defeat of infantile     |
 | fantasies, by guilt and the failing fear punishment;  and wisdom- a|
 | detached concern with life itself, in the face of death itself."   |
 |                                                     Norman F. Dixon|
 '--------------------------------------------------------------------'

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

That Sally

Quote:
> Struthers can sell ANYTHING!!! I finished a week early too.

Especially to those of us who can "remember" how good she used to look
in a sweater...   <sigh>
> Randy  Van de Loo  -  PRO/teus Technology <
> remove NOSPAM from E-mail address before  <
> replying.                                 <

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 new at cobol

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......sweater!

art

Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. New to Cobol and Having Problwm w/Pgm

2. New Orleans COBOL Programmer Opportunity

3. New to COBOL

4. new to cobol...

5. New to Cobol

6. Variables with Fujitsu 3.0 - New to Cobol

7. New Online COBOL II Certification (Free for limited time)

8. New Fujitsu Cobol User v4.0

9. New to COBOL...have problem....Suprised?

10. New to COBOL

11. New Book: COBOL For OS/390

12. New Course: COBOL Debugging under LE