decoding base64 using cobol on os390
Author Message
 decoding base64 using cobol on os390

Hi,

I'm using COBOL on os390, and i need to convert a file which is base64
encoded. Has anyone else out there done this, or does anyone know of
any way I can do this?

The file is coming from DB2, and the converted file is then being used
to populate a flat file which is then used in a later ETI*Extract
conversion.

Cheers
Jim Liebnitz

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:35:11 GMT
 decoding base64 using cobol on os390

:>I'm using COBOL on os390, and i need to convert a file which is base64
:>encoded. Has anyone else out there done this, or does anyone know of
:>any way I can do this?

Would be a bit of a pain in cobol as you have to squash bits together to make
bytes.

I would suggest assembler.

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:31:40 GMT

1. base64 encoding/decoding

2. base64 decoding/encoding library

3. Pop-11 Procedures for encoding and decoding BASE64 files (mimencode)

4. Ruby base64 encoding/decoding

5. Base64 Decoding

6. base64 decoding

7. base64 decode problem

8. OS390/VM Cobol vs VS Cobol?

9. compiler options for COBOL under os390

10. help running OS390 cobol code from java

11. IBM COBOL for OS390 Keywords

12. How to trap B34 abends in COBOL OS390