Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3
Author Message
 Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

Please help me, I am studying computers at college and can not seem to link
a .obj file into an .exe.
It comes up with "No entry point defined"!!
How do I fix this?

Regards

Luke Medland

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3
Please help me, I am studying computers at college and can not seem to link
a .obj file into an .exe.
It comes up with "No entry point defined"!!
How do I fix this?

Regards

Luke Medland

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

Quote:

> Please help me, I am studying computers at college and can not seem to link
> a .obj file into an .exe.
> It comes up with "No entry point defined"!!
> How do I fix this?

> Regards

> Luke Medland

Hi Luke,

When you compile your program make sure you have the option
MAIN selected. Doing this will clear up your problem and you should
be able to link you program.
--
Jeff Farkas

"I calculated the odds of this thing succeeding versus the odds of
it doing something incredibly stupid. . and. . I went ahead anyway"
{Crow from MST3K}

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3

Quote:
> Please help me, I am studying computers at college and can not seem to link
> a .obj file into an .exe.
> It comes up with "No entry point defined"!!
> How do I fix this?

> Regards

> Luke Medland

The comp.lang.cobol FAQ has the answer.  But the short answer is, you
need to set a compile option - to MAIN, or even easier:

Insert one line of source code at the begining of the program.  Start
in Column 8 - and it MUST be all uppercase:

Then it will compile and link.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with linking on Fujitsu Cobol V3
Luke,

You need to add the MAIN compiler directive.  For a detailed step by step
Tutorial see: http://www.adtools.com/support/tutorialv3/exercise3.htm

Fujitsu Software Corporation
Developer Tools Group
Phone: (408) 428-0500
FAX:    (408) 428-0600

Web:   http://www.adtools.com

Quote:
>Please help me, I am studying computers at college and can not seem to link
>a .obj file into an .exe.
>It comes up with "No entry point defined"!!
>How do I fix this?

>Regards

>Luke Medland

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT! Linking error in Fujitsu COBOL V3

2. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

3. Static/dynamic linking with Fujitsu COBOL V3.0

4. New user on Fujitsu COBOL V3 help me

5. I need F3BHOPAS for Fujitsu's COBOL V3

6. Fujitsu COBOL v3.1

7. Fujitsu cobol V3

8. Fujitsu COBOL v3 spacing

9. fujitsu cobol v3

10. COBOL CGI programs w/Fujitsu v3 Starter

11. Changing Printers with Fujitsu COBOL V3

12. NLS and Fujitsu Cobol V3