MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff
Author Message
 MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff

  In today's mail, I got an offer from Micro Focus - they want to sell
me VisOC for $350. Couldn't imagine how I could be more affronted,
since I paid $499 for my copy which has problems they can't (or won't
try to) work out.
  Not that any serious programmer would put up with a compiler which
has no hard-copy manual anyway ... help systems have a degree of
allure, mostly to cheap marketers. But they don't solve the problem of
having the documentation between you and your work, when it ought to
be beside your work.
David

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff

Quote:
>  In today's mail, I got an offer from Micro Focus - they want to sell
>me VisOC for $350. Couldn't imagine how I could be more affronted,
>since I paid $499 for my copy which has problems they can't (or won't
>try to) work out.
>  Not that any serious programmer would put up with a compiler which
>has no hard-copy manual anyway ... help systems have a degree of
>allure, mostly to cheap marketers. But they don't solve the problem of
>having the documentation between you and your work, when it ought to
>be beside your work.
>David

David :

Me ha ocurrido exactamente lo mismo !!!!

Regards

Daniel Fernandez

Comodoro Rivadavia - Chubut - Patagonia Argentina
             Capital del viento

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff

Quote:

> >[Sad VisOC tale]

> David :

> Me ha ocurrido exactamente lo mismo !!!!

Tr:  "Me too!"
Quote:
> Daniel Fernandez

Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MF Visual Object COBOL Ripoff

David,

We would like to extend to you, at NO COST, the complete unrestricted, full
featured, Run Time Free, Fujitsu Professional COBOL Suite which includes
the following products:

PowerCOBOL

To create graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and client/server applications
using existing COBOL expertise, PowerCOBOL offers the industry's most
powerful and practical Windows-based tools.  COBOL programmers will find
all the capabilities needed to produce state-of- the-art, two- and
three-tier, GUI-based client/server applications.

Fujitsu COBOL

At the heart of the PowerCOBOL family is the standards-compliant Fujitsu
COBOL development suite -- compiler, runtime libraries, and debug tool.
The highly optimized code produced by Fujitsu COBOL provides the basis for
fast mission-critical business systems on workstations, PCs, and the
mainframe.

PowerBSORT

PowerBSort significantly shortens the time needed to merge or sort data for
business processing, improving merge/sort times by as much as 100% over
other solutions.  You get rapid, high-performance merging and sorting of
large volumes of data without disrupting your current environment.

PowerGEM Plus

PowerGEM Plus is a graphical tool for managing the versions and histories
of your development resources, including source code, screen forms, and
documents.  PowerGEM Plus makes resources available to multiple users
simultaneously, but restricts modification to a single user.  Resources are
thus protected, and modifications are traceable.  PowerGEM Plus keeps and
tracks version and history statistics for each part of a development
project.

For additional information please see: http://www.adtools.com

and on Microsoft at:http://www.microsoft.com/edevpartner/default.htm

Regards,

Fujitsu Software Corporation
Phone:  (408) 428-0500
FAX:    (408) 428-0600

Quote:
>   In today's mail, I got an offer from Micro Focus - they want to sell
> me VisOC for $350. Couldn't imagine how I could be more affronted,
> since I paid $499 for my copy which has problems they can't (or won't
> try to) work out.
>   Not that any serious programmer would put up with a compiler which
> has no hard-copy manual anyway ... help systems have a degree of
> allure, mostly to cheap marketers. But they don't solve the problem of
> having the documentation between you and your work, when it ought to
> be beside your work.
> David

Thu, 01 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Visual Object Cobol

2. Help with MF Visual Object Cobol

3. MF Visual Object COBOL - Love it, hate it, love it

4. MF Visual Object COBOL odbc complient?

5. MF Visual Cobol and MS SourceSafe

6. MF Visual OO COBOL

7. Calling MF Cobol from MS Visual Basic

8. Help with MF COBOL V3 & Visual Basic

9. MF COBOL with Visual Basic Interface How can

10. Q:MF Visual Cobol

11. Opinions on MF COBOL Visual Workbench

12. MF Cobol & Visual C++