RFIND not active in Xpediter
Author Message
 RFIND not active in Xpediter

Whenever I try to use repeat find function the Xpediter it gives me a
annoying message that 'RFIND not active'. How do we make 'RFIND'
command active in Xpediter?. Rfind command is working fine inside ISPF
editor.

                                                        Thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:31:36 GMT
 RFIND not active in Xpediter

Quote:

> Whenever I try to use repeat find function the Xpediter it gives me a
> annoying message that 'RFIND not active'. How do we make 'RFIND'
> command active in Xpediter?. Rfind command is working fine inside ISPF
> editor.

>                                                         Thanks.

The ISPF RFIND PF key is not useable in Xpediter.  Make sure
the Xpediter menu options are on.  You fill in the search
value and use one of the menu options.  It is not a PF key
within Xpediter.

(I am doing this from memory since I am "between
engagements".)  ;(

Sun, 15 May 2005 02:05:37 GMT
 RFIND not active in Xpediter

Quote:

>Date: 11/26/02 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

>> Whenever I try to use repeat find function the Xpediter it gives me a
>> annoying message that 'RFIND not active'. How do we make 'RFIND'
>> command active in Xpediter?. Rfind command is working fine inside ISPF
>> editor.

>>                                                         Thanks.

>The ISPF RFIND PF key is not useable in Xpediter.  Make sure
>the Xpediter menu options are on.  You fill in the search
>value and use one of the menu options.  It is not a PF key
>within Xpediter.

>(I am doing this from memory since I am "between
>engagements".)  ;(

I'm not a major ISPF user but I do go into TSO once in a while but I don't pay
attention to all the commands so I'm assuming you mean PF5 in ISPF. If so the
PF5 key works just fine for me when I want to go to the next occurance of a
variable name in Xpediter as in ISPF.  I didn't have to make any option changes
to get it to work so my site must have it set up as a default.  We're on 7.0 in
Xpediter.

Wed, 18 May 2005 14:06:42 GMT
 RFIND not active in Xpediter

Quote:

>>Date: 11/26/02 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

>>>Whenever I try to use repeat find function the Xpediter it gives me a
>>>annoying message that 'RFIND not active'. How do we make 'RFIND'
>>>command active in Xpediter?. Rfind command is working fine inside ISPF
>>>editor.

>>>                                                        Thanks.

>>The ISPF RFIND PF key is not useable in Xpediter.  Make sure
>>the Xpediter menu options are on.  You fill in the search
>>value and use one of the menu options.  It is not a PF key
>>within Xpediter.

>>(I am doing this from memory since I am "between
>>engagements".)  ;(

> I'm not a major ISPF user but I do go into TSO once in a while but I don't pay
> attention to all the commands so I'm assuming you mean PF5 in ISPF. If so the
> PF5 key works just fine for me when I want to go to the next occurance of a
> variable name in Xpediter as in ISPF.  I didn't have to make any option changes
> to get it to work so my site must have it set up as a default.  We're on 7.0 in
> Xpediter.

You are correct about Xpeditor.  The last place I was at was
a State Government office and as I recall now they didn't
renew Xpeditor but instead opted for a cheeper clone.  I
don't remember the product but that was what I was refering
to. Sorry :(

Wed, 18 May 2005 23:45:43 GMT

1. Menu bars and widgets will not activate when window is not active

2. rfind question

3. Break points active and enabled but not working

4. Tooltips not active

5. "Logout not Active"

6. Active Programs Not on Start Bar

7. Debug - Expression not active

8. Canoe Active-X type library does not appear in LabView list

9. Make radiobutton not active?

10. Canoe Active-X type library does not appear in LabView list

11. determine a excel file exists or not by active x

12. Active Tcl beta version does not uninstall