Creating an Executable Module in MF Cobol Workbench 4.0
Author Message
 Creating an Executable Module in MF Cobol Workbench 4.0

I am trying to make either a fully standalone module using the GUI Build
functions of Mf Cobol Workbench for some time with no luck.  I also
cannot create anything that will run outside of the development
directories no matter what I have tried.  All of the people I work with
only use the earlier batch interfaces because they could not get it to
work either and gave up.  The program I am working with is fairly simple
and runs fine from within Workbench but I get a variety of errors when I
try to package something to run from another directory.

If anyone could provide some examples on how to enter the various
parameters into the build function to create either a real standalone
module or a module which requires copying some of the run time system
into other directories I would greatly appreciate it.  Initially I would
prefer a standalone module but if I can get this to work, it will be
more efficient when there are several programs on the same machine to
have only one copy of the run time modules that all the programs use.  I
would accept help on either at the moment.  If additional information on
what exactly I am getting when I try the various approaches would be
helpfull, I can provide it but I suspect it is something fairly general
that I am doing wrong.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating an Executable Module in MF Cobol Workbench 4.0

Quote:

> I am trying to make either a fully standalone module using the GUI Build
> functions of Mf Cobol Workbench for some time with no luck.  I also
> cannot create anything that will run outside of the development
> directories no matter what I have tried.  All of the people I work with
> only use the earlier batch interfaces because they could not get it to
> work either and gave up.  The program I am working with is fairly simple
> and runs fine from within Workbench but I get a variety of errors when I
> try to package something to run from another directory.

I can't help too much with the build, but even when we were able to get
it all into one EXE and get it to link properly, sometimes we still had
to set the environment variable COBDIR=  to get it to run.  On the
target machine set COBDIR=yourdir.  Replace yourdir with your working
directory.

We ended up using the shared runtime.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol VS MF WorkBench

2. connecting to SQLServer from MF COBOL workbench

3. MF COBOL Workbench manual?

4. old MF cobol workbench problem

5. MF Cobol/Workbench query

6. MF Cobol Workbench V 3.2.20

7. MF COBOL Newsgroup?? Especially for NetExpress and Workbench

8. MF Cobol 4.0.32 NO Full Screen Workbench

9. Opinions on MF COBOL Visual Workbench

10. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench 4.0?

11. MICROFOCUS COBOL WORKBENCH VERSION 3.1 TO 4.0

12. creating MF executable?