Volume Drive Information
Author Message
 Volume Drive Information

Hi,
Anybody know a way in Cobol to retrieve a computer drive volume information
ie. Volume name, serial number etc.
We have a routine in VB to do this, so another possibility is to find a way
to call a VB program from Cobol and have the parameter pass back to Cobol.

Can anybody offer a suggestion?
Thanks

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:56:24 GMT
 Volume Drive Information
You could find out the platform and compiler for a start ...

Donald

Quote:
> Hi,
> Anybody know a way in Cobol to retrieve a computer drive volume
information
> ie. Volume name, serial number etc.
> We have a routine in VB to do this, so another possibility is to find a
way
> to call a VB program from Cobol and have the parameter pass back to Cobol.

> Can anybody offer a suggestion?
> Thanks

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:20:12 GMT
 Volume Drive Information
try to use VOL command in DOS mode , then get the infomation

in other  words, call  a dos commnad "VOL > filename"  and read
"FileName"

Carlos Lages

Rob gravada:

Quote:
> Hi,
> Anybody know a way in Cobol to retrieve a computer drive volume information
> ie. Volume name, serial number etc.
> We have a routine in VB to do this, so another possibility is to find a way
> to call a VB program from Cobol and have the parameter pass back to Cobol.

> Can anybody offer a suggestion?
> Thanks

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:21:32 GMT
 Volume Drive Information
Hi Rob

What cobol are you using?
I have a lot of Api routines in Powercobol that can help
you to resolve your problem.

Please send me a request and give me more informations
about your cobol dialect.

Gianni

Quote:
> try to use VOL command in DOS mode , then get the infomation

> in other  words, call  a dos commnad "VOL > filename"  and read
> "FileName"

> Carlos Lages

> Rob gravada:

> > Hi,
> > Anybody know a way in Cobol to retrieve a computer drive volume information
> > ie. Volume name, serial number etc.
> > We have a routine in VB to do this, so another possibility is to find a way
> > to call a VB program from Cobol and have the parameter pass back to Cobol.

> > Can anybody offer a suggestion?
> > Thanks

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:19:48 GMT
 Volume Drive Information
Hi Gianni,
I am using Fujitsu 5.0
Do you have any API calls to give you any motherboard information.
Thank you

Quote:
> Hi Rob

> What cobol are you using?
> I have a lot of Api routines in Powercobol that can help
> you to resolve your problem.

> Please send me a request and give me more informations
> about your cobol dialect.

> Gianni

> > try to use VOL command in DOS mode , then get the infomation

> > in other  words, call  a dos commnad "VOL > filename"  and read
> > "FileName"

> > Carlos Lages

> > Rob gravada:

> > > Hi,
> > > Anybody know a way in Cobol to retrieve a computer drive volume
information
> > > ie. Volume name, serial number etc.
> > > We have a routine in VB to do this, so another possibility is to find
a way
> > > to call a VB program from Cobol and have the parameter pass back to
Cobol.

> > > Can anybody offer a suggestion?
> > > Thanks

> --

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:04:36 GMT

1. Drive Volume Information

2. Drive Size and or Volume Label

3. How much free space on a drive/volume?

4. drive volume name...

5. Determining the volume ID for a file/drive?

6. Volume Information with CW2003

7. System Volume Information

8. LoveLetter Virus in C:\System Volume Information

9. Virus in System Volume Information

10. Getting Connected Drives Information

11. Hard Drive Information

12. Information about Message Driven Dataflow Language (MDDL)