IBM COBOL under LE - Performance Info
Author Message
 IBM COBOL under LE - Performance Info

In another thread, I was asked about "dynamic CALL" performance
considerations.  In response to this question, I was pointed to an EXCELLENT
presentation (from a recent GUIDE/SHARE) meeting.  I would suggest that
anyone who is interested in performance issues for COBOL under LE (and has a
PDF reader) look at:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM COBOL under LE - Performance Info

Quote:

(snip)
>     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks very much for the URL - I just gave it a quick once over and I
didn't see any negative things about dynamic calls - did see something
very poritive, calls are *much* faster than LINKs.

Bill {*filter*}

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. LE 1.8 wierd COBOL abend dump-longish ( x-posted to IBM-MAIN and COBOL )

2. Environmental Variables in LE COBOL on an IBM mainframe

3. IBM COBOL LE CICS PROGRAMMER

4. Bit Twiddling in IBM (LE) COBOL

5. Compiling COBOL in VM, IBM LE

6. Info/Advice needed on IBM Cobol 2 to MF Unix Cobol conversion

7. Info sur le COBOL

8. Getting external file info--IBM Mainframe COBOL

9. Q: COBOLII vs COBOL LE vs COBOL

10. ZAP IBMBPIR1 to prepare PL/I V1 to run under LE (Cross Post from IBM-Main)

11. LE (language Environment) - Status of IBM and 3rd Party Products

12. CEGPID and other LE V2R10 info