Runtime Problem about RM/COBOL 85
Author Message
 Runtime Problem about RM/COBOL 85

Quote:

> Hi,

>     I have a problem. When I run an COBOL Program
> "runc.exe". It appears an error

> "COBOL procedure error 223. Error loading main program."

> How can I fix this problem ?

> Thanks for your help

If this is a program compiled by the Microfocus
or the Netexpress COBOL compilers that error
is a problem with a temporary sort work file.

You may have a TMP or TEMP variable that
is pointing to a non-existent directory.

--
Lorne Sunley

Thu, 02 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Problem about RM/COBOL 85
Hi,

    I have a problem. When I run an COBOL Program
"runc.exe". It appears an error

"COBOL procedure error 223. Error loading main program."

How can I fix this problem ?

Thanks for your help

True Yang

Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Problem about RM/COBOL 85

According to my manual, a 223 in error in RM/COBOL indicates:
          "...an error occured while loading a DLL file....This error
generally indicates that the DLL was found, but has an invalid format
for the operating system being used.  Some 'system out of memory'
conditions may cause an error 223, since Windows returns an ambiguous
error status in some low memory situations."

Based on that message, it sounds like either a memory problem or a
problem with a call to a DLL.  Many times these messages will return a
"Line number" that the 'call' failed on.

Hope it helps.

Chris Loy

Quote:
> Hi,

>     I have a problem. When I run an COBOL Program
> "runc.exe". It appears an error

> "COBOL procedure error 223. Error loading main program."

> How can I fix this problem ?

> Thanks for your help

> True Yang

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. rm/cobol 85 runtime: I need one..

2. First Semester problrm: simple cobol rm cobol / 85 problem with subprograms

3. RM/Cobol 85 v.6.5 applications developed with RM/Panels running under W95

4. Network problem with RM/Cobol 85

5. RM/COBOL-85 : Problem again

6. cobol runtime error 46 for cobol 85

7. RM-85 Cobol