MF Cobol 3.4 COBLIB.DLW conflict with Win98 SE client talking to NT4 server
Author Message
 MF Cobol 3.4 COBLIB.DLW conflict with Win98 SE client talking to NT4 server

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anybody has come across this sort of problem before
(see subject). I am using the 16 bit version of MicroFocus COBOL on an NT4
server and Win98SE client. I am also using Btrieve 7.0 SP5. Whenever I run
my app, I get an error like this
INITAPP caused a GPF in module COBLIB.DLW.
then
Attempt to access item beyond bound of memory

I do not get these problems when I run with a Win95 client or WinNt4 or
Win2000 workstation. I have increased the environment space for the DOS
shortcut to 32768 but to no avail.
I have also download a supposed fix from Merant for "Personal COBOL for
Windows" for COBLIB.DLW but it is actually older than my current COBLIB.DLW
and did not fix my problem.

Any ideas/hints/tips/words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Glen

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:48:43 GMT

1. MF COBOL 3.4 and COPY REPLACING...

2. Ghost breakpoints in ANIMATOR (MF COBOL 3.4)

3. MF 3.4 - Support Cobol/370?

4. Cobol application running on NT4 server & clients

5. MF COBOL - COBINTFN.DLW?

6. NT4 - DVF 6 and PVM 3.4

7. Mouse in MF 3.4

8. Eroor 9/018 + 9/041 on Novell 5 MF 3.4

9. READ/WRITE serial Port MF 3.4

10. MF 3.4 Animator bug using Report Writer with nested copy-procs

11. Clipper + MS Client on NT4 Server

12. Cobol as a Server Language in a Client/Server World