114 Error on Windows 2000 Server
Author Message
 114 Error on Windows 2000 Server

I have a mixed language application Cobol and C.  The cobol program is
compiled using the Micro Focus Netexpress 3.1 compiler. The compiler
creates an OBJ from my program as well as one called cbllds.obj
created by the compiler.  I then Link these 2 objects using the
Microsoft Developers Studio along with an object created from a C
program.

The application runs fine on Windows NT Workstation. I moved it to a
windows NT Server or Windows 2000 Server machine and when I close down
the App I recieve the following error:

Execution error : file "
error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0
114  error message test not found (signal 11)

When I step through the application in the Microsoft Developers Studio
the error occurs after the application has exited from the windows
message-loop and the last thing is does is to Load the CBLVIOS.DLL. At
that time the error box appears on the screen and the application will
not exit until the OK button is pressed.

I have checked out the postings on the MicroFocus 114 error as well as
any info I could find on CBLVIOS.DLL but none appear to relate to the
problem I'm experiencing.

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:51:48 GMT
 114 Error on Windows 2000 Server
Just a stupid question if you don't mind......   what about the Net Express
runtime files.......   do they exist on that Windows 2000 or NT server?
(like CBLRTSS.DLL, CBLINTS.DLL........etc)   you mention CBLVIOS.DLL
(another runtime file) so I'm just guessing that maybe this is your issue.
If not sorry .... and if you solve it please let us know.

Mike

Quote:
> I have a mixed language application Cobol and C.  The cobol program is
> compiled using the Micro Focus Netexpress 3.1 compiler. The compiler
> creates an OBJ from my program as well as one called cbllds.obj
> created by the compiler.  I then Link these 2 objects using the
> Microsoft Developers Studio along with an object created from a C
> program.

> The application runs fine on Windows NT Workstation. I moved it to a
> windows NT Server or Windows 2000 Server machine and when I close down
> the App I recieve the following error:

> Execution error : file "
> error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0
> 114  error message test not found (signal 11)

> When I step through the application in the Microsoft Developers Studio
> the error occurs after the application has exited from the windows
> message-loop and the last thing is does is to Load the CBLVIOS.DLL. At
> that time the error box appears on the screen and the application will
> not exit until the OK button is pressed.

> I have checked out the postings on the MicroFocus 114 error as well as
> any info I could find on CBLVIOS.DLL but none appear to relate to the
> problem I'm experiencing.

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:08:12 GMT

1. Urgent : 114 error again

2. URGENT - Error 114 (Signal 11)

3. Help: Micro Focus COBOL error 114

4. MF error # 114:Attempt to assess item beyond bounds of memory

5. Error 114 on NetExpress 3.0

6. Avoid Error 114 with DOS?

7. Error 114 in Netexpress 3.0

8. NetExpress Error 114

9. Error RTS 114 in MF Cobol with Oracle

10. VW/GS Remote SharedPageCache and Windows 2000 Advanced Server problem

11. WINDOWS 2000 Server SP3 + Hyperthreading

12. Windows 2000 server IIS5 and Clarion 5.5