MF GUI Dialog Distributions
Author Message
 MF GUI Dialog Distributions

I use Micro Focus Character Dialog at work and am currently also
experimenting with GUI Dialog with a view to persuading the powers that
be, that moving to it would be a good move.

The problem I am having is actually creating EXE files which I can run
on a system which does not have cobol and dialog installed on it.  I am
sure it is a very simple task but the MF manuals aren`t the best things
in the world really.

To put it simply how should I compile and link a program under Windows
and/or OS/2 PM?  I don`t mind if it uses the static or shared run-time
library.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott Clark

2:250/366.2

...Intel Inside - The worlds most common warning label

Wed, 27 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MF GUI Dialog Distributions

Quote:

> I use Micro Focus Character Dialog at work and am currently also
> experimenting with GUI Dialog with a view to persuading the powers that
> be, that moving to it would be a good move.

> The problem I am having is actually creating EXE files which I can run
> on a system which does not have cobol and dialog installed on it.  I am
> sure it is a very simple task but the MF manuals aren`t the best things
> in the world really.

> To put it simply how should I compile and link a program under Windows
> and/or OS/2 PM?  I don`t mind if it uses the static or shared run-time
> library.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Scott Clark

> 2:250/366.2

> ...Intel Inside - The worlds most common warning label

Try the Cobol spII from Flexus.  I have just evaluated their GUI
interface to Cobol and it's great.  I took me only half a day to learn
and was able to build a complete GUI program to access one of our files.
It is user friendly and easy to use.

Check their web at http://www.flexus.com

Fri, 29 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Gui Dialog Health Checker

2. Opinions on GUI and distribution

3. MF Dialog Question - Growing old sucks

4. MF-dialog where to find LINK32

5. MF Dialog

6. MF Dialog

7. MF Dialog System