(Relatively) new IBM COBOL compiler option
Author Message
 (Relatively) new IBM COBOL compiler option

(Partially, this note is in reply to the thread on ISPF options and
compiling/scanning your COBOL source code.)

I don't think it has received lots of publicity but do you know about the
IBM (mainframe and PC - I don't think it is on COBOL/400) feature that lets
you "syntax scan" EXEC CICS and EXEC SQL statements during your compile step
(without using the preprocessor or translator)? According to the latest APG,

"Use ANALYZE when you want the compiler to check the syntax of imbedded SQL
and CICS statements in addition to native COBOL statements."

For more detail, see

http://www.*-*-*.com/
..2

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein at ix dot netcom dot com

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 (Relatively) new IBM COBOL compiler option
Bill,

Quote:
> "Use ANALYZE when you want the compiler to check the syntax of imbedded SQL
> and CICS statements in addition to native COBOL statements."

thanks for that info. Apart form that I like to expand my Cobol-Analyzer to
support
this Cobol-Version and the new option. Do u or somebody can send me a load-lib
which contains at least one Cobol-Load compiled with that Cobol-version

Roland

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. LE run time options / COBOL for MVS compiler options / LINKAGE editor

2. What's new *and* interesting for IBM mainframe COBOL programmers - in the next COBOL Standard

3. IBM COBOL II option settings

4. URGENT: NEED FOR A RELATIVELY CHEAP VHDL COMPILER FOR LINUX OR UNIX

5. Relatively New

6. Software By Ragazzi - Product Update - New Multi-Compiler Options

7. compiler options for COBOL under os390

8. COBOL compiler options problem!

9. Extracting COBOL compiler options from a load module

10. VS COBOL II Compiler Options

11. IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version