MF 4.1 for SCO unix and Wyse60 emulation
Author Message
 MF 4.1 for SCO unix and Wyse60 emulation

Help!

My programs are not recognizing the difference between the left-arrow
and the backspace key under Wyse60 terminals (all other
required emulations are ok, ansi, vt100, vt220).  I do not have this
problem with 3.0 and older MF runtimes.  I'm using the same cobkeymp and
ADISCTRL files and even using the same terminfo files (Even using the
terminfo entries supplied with 4.1 or 3.2 make no difference).  I have
looked at the terminfo source and the left-arrow and backspace have the
same values but they did with the old runtimes.   Any ideas?  Looking at
the manuals, it seems like everything should behave the same.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Loy
Maxom Holdings, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MF 4.1 for SCO unix and Wyse60 emulation
Have you checked that they actually send different data?  I have worked with
terminals that sent the same code for the two keys.
Quote:

>Help!

>My programs are not recognizing the difference between the left-arrow
>and the backspace key under Wyse60 terminals (all other
>required emulations are ok, ansi, vt100, vt220).  I do not have this
>problem with 3.0 and older MF runtimes.  I'm using the same cobkeymp and
>ADISCTRL files and even using the same terminfo files (Even using the
>terminfo entries supplied with 4.1 or 3.2 make no difference).  I have
>looked at the terminfo source and the left-arrow and backspace have the
>same values but they did with the old runtimes.   Any ideas?  Looking at
>the manuals, it seems like everything should behave the same.

>Thanks in advance,

>Chris Loy
>Maxom Holdings, Inc.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MF 4.1 for SCO unix and Wyse60 emulation
Thanks for the reply!

It is returning the same code (for the wyse60/50), but in I'm using the
same configuration files (cobkeymp, adis, terminfo)that work ok for a
wyse60 in the older MF runtimes.  I've tinkered with the adis
configuration to see if I could get the backspace to work like a
backspace and the left-arrow to work as an "exception" key with no luck.
I'm willing to change the terminfo information for the wyse60 (if
anybody knows what they should be changed to).

Thanks

Quote:
> Have you checked that they actually send different data?  I have
worked with
> terminals that sent the same code for the two keys.

Quote:
> >Help!

> >My programs are not recognizing the difference between the left-arrow
> >and the backspace key under Wyse60 terminals (all other
> >required emulations are ok, ansi, vt100, vt220).  I do not have this
> >problem with 3.0 and older MF runtimes.  I'm using the same cobkeymp
and
> >ADISCTRL files and even using the same terminfo files (Even using the
> >terminfo entries supplied with 4.1 or 3.2 make no difference).  I
have
> >looked at the terminfo source and the left-arrow and backspace have
the
> >same values but they did with the old runtimes.   Any ideas?  Looking
at
> >the manuals, it seems like everything should behave the same.

> >Thanks in advance,

> >Chris Loy
> >Maxom Holdings, Inc.

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sorting...on Unix using MF COBOL 4.1

2. MF Cobol/2 V1.3 for SCO UNIX

3. MF Cobol / SCO Unix / Memory Deallocation

4. MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

5. Mysterious File Lockings with MF COBOL under SCO UNIX V

6. MF Execution Error in SCO Unix

7. MF Cobol - SCO Unix?

8. Microfocus Cobol 4.1 with SCO 3.2.4.2

9. MF Cobol 4.1, Error in MOVE

10. Error 196-S on MF COBOL 4.1

11. MF Cobol/AIX 4.1/DCE problem

12. Emulation for Linux (iBCS SCO 3.2)