MF COBOL accessing VBDOS ISAM Files
Author Message
 MF COBOL accessing VBDOS ISAM Files

Help, I am looking for a cobol example that accesses files (either ISAM
or Random) created in VB DOS. I need to interface to a VB DOS
application where most of the file are RANDOM, a few are ISAM.

Thanks for your help,

Rick Ritchie

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MF COBOL accessing VBDOS ISAM Files
BASIC-language RANDOM files can be accessed in COBOL using:

  SELECT BASIC-LANGAUGE-RANDOM-FILE
  ORGANIZATION IS SEQUENTIAL
  ACCESS IS RANDOM
  RELATIVE KEY IS RECORD-NO
  ASSIGN TO <appropriate for the target OS>

VB ISAM files have a proprietary structure. Try some of the VB web
sites/newsgroups to see if someone might have some "extract from VB-ISAM"
software. Be sure to specifiy which version of VB and the target
environment.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:

>Help, I am looking for a cobol example that accesses files (either ISAM
>or Random) created in VB DOS. I need to interface to a VB DOS
>application where most of the file are RANDOM, a few are ISAM.

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Access to MF-ISAM files

2. Micro Focus Cobol ISAM files - accessing data???

3. MF Cobol - Moving from ISAM to Standard D.Bases

4. Compile MF COBOL using c-isam?

5. ISAM problem with MF COBOL/DOS on NT

6. Does anyone know where can I get a free ODBC driver for MF ISAM files

7. ISAM, old Microsoft ISAM, Alternate Index, Micro Focus Visual Object Cobol

8. Need to access data in AcuCobol Isam Files

9. Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard

10. Accessing a ISAM file with TCL/TK ?????

11. MS/MF COBOL : Load Failure (170) on file \COBOL\BINR\ADIS

12. Need some info on COBOL ISAM files conversion