Merant (MF) Fileshare Crash Problem
Author Message
 Merant (MF) Fileshare Crash Problem

We are running Merant  (Micro Focus) Object COBOL ver 4.1.10e (PRN 13.03) on
a SCO open server ver 5.04 system.  This server 320mg of RAM and is running
at about 11% of memory utilization.  We use this server primarily for
Fileshare and Client Server Bindings (very limited) .
We have had the application (retail POS) up and running juft fine for over 6
weeks.  On Thursday December 23 5:09pm and Friday December 24 2:00pm
(yes -peak load periods) file share crashed and left the folowing message:

Execution error: file 'cobkeymp'
error code 162, pc=0, call=0,seg=0
162 Arithmetic overflow or underflow

Fileshare Server closedown invoked
  by Stop Run processing

We were able to restart fileshare and it is running okay.  What gives?  This
is the standard Fileshare object supplied with the application server.  All
access is by TCP/IP and there are about 40 users with max file opens at
about 220.   I know this is not the very latest rev of SCO MF COBOL.  We
could not change our version in the production system untill after the
holidays and New Years.

Has anyone heard of this problem.  Merant tech support was closed for the
Holiday!
Thanks for any help.

Joshua Seltzer
Larich Distributors, Inc.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF FileShare - Rollback on server crash

2. MF Fileshare and CCITCP2

3. MF Fileshare - best platform?

4. MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

5. MF Fileshare V2 - Unix.

6. HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0

7. MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix

8. MF Fileshare v2 Limits

9. MF Fileshare Version 2 & SCO Internet Faststart

10. Filesharing without Filesharing

11. Apache,MF OCDS and Linux: CGI Program crashes with ADIS RTS 192

12. MF Cobol crashes on shutdown