COBOL-COBOL-COBOL
Author Message
 COBOL-COBOL-COBOL

A am celebrating my 22nd year with COBOL programming!  As I understand it, the
COBOL family around the world is pretty large today.  How many programs have we
written and how many are still in production?
I believe there are many!

As one of the technicians told me, "I know places which have at least 12,000 - -
maybe 18,000 programs , and we don't know how many copies we have."

I would like to know more about COBOL sites.  First of all, let me know if you
are running COBOL and how many batch programs, transaction programs,
sub-soutines, and copies you run in production.

Another interesting fact I would like to find would be where in the world is the
"oldest COBOL program in production."   I have seen one from 1969, never
recompiled.  Can someone beat that?

If the above information is confidential, from your company's point of view,
please fax me the information.  Do not put your name on it and do not sign it.
Just put a few rows of numbers.

FAX Number +46-8-6440044

I am starting to collect jokes about programmers, programming, and the computer
business.  Have you heard any?

I will put some of the best ones on our home page.

Thank you
Chris Furmaniuk

http://www.*-*-*.com/
FAX Number +46-8-6440044

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. COBOL COBOL COBOL

2. COBOL//COBOL//COBOL

3. COBOL COBOL COBOL

4. How compatible are RM Cobol and MF Cobol.

5. IBM COBOL post-VS COBOL II

6. tandem COBOL to IBM Mainframe MVS COBOL Conversion

7. Microfocus Cobol Migration to IBM Cobol for AIX

8. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

9. cobol runtime error 46 for cobol 85

10. IBM COBOL to HP-UX COBOL

11. Differnece between Cobol and Cobol II

12. Search in Fujitsu Cobol Power Cobol