HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0
Author Message
 HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how to put fileshare to work ?
I have a server with WinNT4.0 using NETBEUI AND TCP/IP (192.168.1.1)
protocols and run: fs /cm ccinetb /s fsrv.
From a computer connected to this server through the same protocols, NETBEUI
and TCP/IP, i ran the fsvieww program with the fhredir.cfg file configured
with /cm ccinetb /s fsrv, and i get the message communications error. I also
tried this with the TCP/IP protocol but can't even run the fs server. I get
the message no CCITCP2 process running !! What is CCITCP2 ?

Please, need help, URGENTLY.
Carlos Garcia

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0
ccitcp2 is the MF process that keeps track of how to locate fileshare
servers...there must be at least one CCITCP2 program running somewhere in
the network...I usually run it on the fileshare server machine...Unless it
is running, your apps cannot locate the server, and fileshare cannot be
started on the server...Using NT, both CCITCP2 and FSSERVICE can be set up
as services and started automatically on bootup...

kenmullins

Quote:
> Hi,

> Can anyone explain to me how to put fileshare to work ?
> I have a server with WinNT4.0 using NETBEUI AND TCP/IP (192.168.1.1)
> protocols and run: fs /cm ccinetb /s fsrv.
> From a computer connected to this server through the same protocols,
NETBEUI
> and TCP/IP, i ran the fsvieww program with the fhredir.cfg file configured
> with /cm ccinetb /s fsrv, and i get the message communications error. I
also
> tried this with the TCP/IP protocol but can't even run the fs server. I
get
> the message no CCITCP2 process running !! What is CCITCP2 ?

> Please, need help, URGENTLY.
> Carlos Garcia

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0
to NetExpress (I think)...With the other flavors, you need to run these guys
in command prompt windows...

kenmullins

Quote:
> ccitcp2 is the MF process that keeps track of how to locate fileshare
> servers...there must be at least one CCITCP2 program running somewhere in
> the network...I usually run it on the fileshare server machine...Unless it
> is running, your apps cannot locate the server, and fileshare cannot be
> started on the server...Using NT, both CCITCP2 and FSSERVICE can be set up
> as services and started automatically on bootup...

> kenmullins

> > Hi,

> > Can anyone explain to me how to put fileshare to work ?
> > I have a server with WinNT4.0 using NETBEUI AND TCP/IP (192.168.1.1)
> > protocols and run: fs /cm ccinetb /s fsrv.
> > From a computer connected to this server through the same protocols,
> NETBEUI
> > and TCP/IP, i ran the fsvieww program with the fhredir.cfg file
configured
> > with /cm ccinetb /s fsrv, and i get the message communications error. I
> also
> > tried this with the TCP/IP protocol but can't even run the fs server. I
> get
> > the message no CCITCP2 process running !! What is CCITCP2 ?

> > Please, need help, URGENTLY.
> > Carlos Garcia

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEED HELP CONFIGURING FILESHARE 2.0 !!!!

2. MF Fileshare and CCITCP2

3. MF Fileshare - best platform?

4. Merant (MF) Fileshare Crash Problem

5. MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

6. MF FileShare - Rollback on server crash

7. MF Fileshare V2 - Unix.

8. MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix

9. MF Fileshare v2 Limits

10. MF Fileshare Version 2 & SCO Internet Faststart

11. Filesharing without Filesharing

12. HELP !!!! MicroFocus Fileshare with PCNFS 5.1