fujitsu cobol
Author Message
 fujitsu cobol

I got mine. It looks pretty good and it comes with Crystal Reports 4.5.
Now all I need to do is print out the 200 page manual that is on the CD.  I
think it was worth the wait.

--

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 fujitsu cobol

Quote:

> I got mine. It looks pretty good and it comes with crystal reports 4.5.
> Now all I need to do is print out the 200 page manual that is on the CD.  I
> think it was worth the wait.

> --

I'm getting frustrated as Hell ... I've filled out the form twice in the
past 3 months, received acknowledgements twice, but haven't seen the
product.

I'm looking at this as a possible ticket out of the weird world of CA
Realia.

John

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 fujitsu cobol

Quote:

>I got mine. It looks pretty good and it comes with crystal reports 4.5.
>Now all I need to do is print out the 200 page manual that is on the CD.  I
>think it was worth the wait.

(1) contrary to what it says, it's not the Professional version
    of Crystal Reports... it's the standard bundled version
(2) 200 pages?  That must be the pocket guide.  There's over
    2400 pages on the CD.

Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 fujitsu cobol

David,

The complete version of Crystal Reports Professional Version 4.5 for both
16-bit and 32-bit is included.

Fujitsu Software Corporation
Language Products Group
Phone:  (408) 428-0500
FAX:    (408) 428-0600

Quote:

> >I got mine. It looks pretty good and it comes with crystal reports 4.5.
> >Now all I need to do is print out the 200 page manual that is on the CD.
> >think it was worth the wait.

> (1) contrary to what it says, it's not the Professional version
>     of Crystal Reports... it's the standard bundled version
> (2) 200 pages?  That must be the pocket guide.  There's over
>     2400 pages on the CD.

Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 fujitsu cobol

Quote:

>>I got mine. It looks pretty good and it comes with crystal reports 4.5.
>>Now all I need to do is print out the 200 page manual that is on the CD.  I
>>think it was worth the wait.

>(1) contrary to what it says, it's not the Professional version
>    of Crystal Reports... it's the standard bundled version
>(2) 200 pages?  That must be the pocket guide.  There's over
>    2400 pages on the CD.

Actually...it's more like just over 3,000 pages...

Jeff

Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 fujitsu cobol

Quote:
>The complete version of Crystal Reports Professional Version 4.5 for both
>16-bit and 32-bit is included.

Are you sure?  I didn't install Crystal Reports from the
Fujitsu COBOL Family CD because I already had CRW Pro v4.5
installed so I can't absolutely, positively tell for sure yet.

I based by previous comment about Pro vs. non-Pro Crystal Reports
because I ran into this before with a Symantec product.  They
said that they were bundling Crystal Reports Pro.  The documentation
was even written for the Pro version.  The extended Pro features
didn't work.  I called Symantec and Seagate Software on it.
Symantec finally said that, in fact, the Standard edition was
distributed because Seagate wouldn't give an OEM license on the
Pro version.  Seagate told me that they have licensed 500 OEMs on
the Standard edition but none of the Pro versions.  It's their
retail bread & butter... why would they "give" it away by allowing
it to be bundled?

Maybe Fujitsu pulled some strings.  Maybe Fujitsu pulled a fast one.
Maybe Seagate is about to release v5.0 of Crystal Reports and v4.5
has no remaining value.  I don't know.

Sun, 13 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fujitsu COBOL -- 45,000 Developers Receive Fujitsu COBOL at Microsoft Developer Days

2. Fujitsu Software Corp special offering on Fujitsu COBOL 4.2 (V4L20)

3. Fujitsu Software Corp special offering on Fujitsu COBOL 4.2

4. Search in Fujitsu Cobol Power Cobol

5. Fujitsu COBOL - A Restatement of Our Long-term Commitment to COBOL

6. Fujitsu COBOL - A Restatement of Our Long-term Commitment to COBOL

7. Visoc, Fujitsu Cobol, Visual Age Cobol -Latino America - Espa?a

8. Microsoft Cobol Workbench 3.2.50 & Fujitsu Cobol 4

9. MF COBOL or Fujitsu COBOL for learning?

10. MF COBOL to Fujitsu COBOL

11. Fujitsu COBOL -- FREE OFFER

12. Fujitsu Cobol 3.0 and Windows XP