** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable
Author Message
 ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

AuroSoft International has the following positions immediately available
for individuals with the following expertise:

Job Title:      Programmer / Analyst
Skills:         * IMS, DB/DC, PL1, COBOL, Assembler
                * CICS / DB2
Experience:     2 years, prior experience in finance industry a plus
Industry:       Financial/Banking
Salary:         Competitive + Benefits
Location:       New York City
Duration:       Long Term
Visa:           Will sponser exceptional employees

If you have any of the above skills please send your
resume in confidence to:

Fax your resume:                        (914) 336-7091

AuroSoft International                                  Lake Katrine, NY
Phone:  (914) 336-0134
Fax:    (914) 336-7091

Fri, 20 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

I, as well as other obviously, recently e-mailed in response to a job
posting with the above subject.  This posting crossed a number of
newsgroups, to include some soc.culture groups.  Below is the reply I just
received.

I have no idea as to how this happened as I did not post this message. I
am a molecular biologist at UNC-CH and have no interest in the above
adverti{*filter*}t. But my mailbox is getting filled with hate mail as well as
resumes. If you have any suggestions with regard to solving this problem,
it will be appreciated.
Sridhar

If anyone has any ideas as how this might have happened, or how to catch
the truly guilty party, I would be interesting in hearing about them.

Edward L Shattuck
Former GCOS6 COBOL P/A (looking for a job)
12yrs in IS and Loving it.

Sat, 21 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

: I have no idea as to how this happened as I did not post this message. I
: am a molecular biologist at UNC-CH and have no interest in the above
: adverti{*filter*}t. But my mailbox is getting filled with hate mail as well as
: resumes. If you have any suggestions with regard to solving this problem,
: it will be appreciated.
: Sridhar
: If anyone has any ideas as how this might have happened, or how to catch
: the truly guilty party, I would be interesting in hearing about them.

Well, the header of the original posting looks like this:

Newsgroups: comp.databases.ibm-db2,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.lang.pl1,...
Subject: ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable
Date: 3 Jun 1996 00:41:20 GMT

Login name: misra                       In real life: Arun Misra
Last login Tue Jun  4 17:09 on ttyr0 from login1.email.unc
Mail last read Tue Jun  4 18:17:59 1996

Looks like old Arun hangs around login1.email.unc a lot.  I'd
guess he either borrowed or stole Sridhar's password to post
his ads.  Pretty gauche.

--
Pieter A. Hintjens

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

Quote:
>I, as well as other obviously, recently e-mailed in response to a job
>posting with the above subject.  This posting crossed a number of
>newsgroups, to include some soc.culture groups.  Below is the reply I just
>received.

>I have no idea as to how this happened as I did not post this message. I
>am a molecular biologist at UNC-CH and have no interest in the above
>adverti{*filter*}t. But my mailbox is getting filled with hate mail as well as
>resumes. If you have any suggestions with regard to solving this problem,
>it will be appreciated.
>Sridhar

>If anyone has any ideas as how this might have happened, or how to catch
>the truly guilty party, I would be interesting in hearing about them.

Well, it's easy enough to forge a return address ... although the
interesting thing about the original message is that the NNTP Posting
Host indicates that the message was posted from the same site as
the questionable return address.  Usually, when a post is being
forged, the return address site is different than the NNTP server used
to post the message.

There are two possible ways to attack this problem ....

The first way is to contact the sysadmin at unc.edu, tell him what
apparently happened, and provide him with the actual message id
(which is *very* hard to forge), so that he can check his logs to
find out who actually posted the damn thing and take appropriate
action.   As it happened, I had saved the original message, so here
is the Message-ID header field for you:

The second approach is to assume that the folks who were to benefit
from the ad are also the ones who posted it.  Here is their contact
information, also from the original post:

Fax your resume:                        (914) 336-7091

AuroSoft International                                  Lake Katrine,
NY
Phone:  (914) 336-0134
Fax:    (914) 336-7091

Let us know what you find out ....

Regards,
Bill

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

Hintjens) writes:

>: I have no idea as to how this happened as I did not post this message.
>: am a molecular biologist at UNC-CH and have no interest in the above
>: adverti{*filter*}t. But my mailbox is getting filled with hate mail as well
as
>: resumes. If you have any suggestions with regard to solving this
problem,
>: it will be appreciated.
>: Sridhar
>: If anyone has any ideas as how this might have happened, or how to
catch
>: the truly guilty party, I would be interesting in hearing about them.

>Well, the header of the original posting looks like this:

>Newsgroups: comp.databases.ibm-db2,bit.listserv.cics-l,comp.lang.pl1,...
>Subject: ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable
>Date: 3 Jun 1996 00:41:20 GMT

>Login name: misra                       In real life: Arun Misra
>Last login Tue Jun  4 17:09 on ttyr0 from login1.email.unc
>Mail last read Tue Jun  4 18:17:59 1996

>Looks like old Arun hangs around login1.email.unc a lot.  I'd
>guess he either borrowed or stole Sridhar's password to post
>his ads.  Pretty gauche.

>--
>Pieter A. Hintjens

Well in addition to receiving Bill Blakemore's reply via e-mail, I also
received the following.

Quote:
Ramachandran) writes:
>Sorry about the spamming Ed, the program was an autoposter, it read the
>info from the wrong database.

>-- SKM

>----------------------- Headers --------------------------------

by

So I would say that login1.email.unc.edu must be a SMTP/NNTP Host for UNC.
 Now could SKM, Arun Misra, and Sridhar Ramachandran be the same person?
And is this worth pursuing any further?  I don't know.

Edward L Shattuck
Former GCOS6 COBOL P/A (looking for a job)
12yrs in IS and Loving it.

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

2. CICS/COBOL/PL1/DB2/Y2K positions in NY,NJ

3. CICS/COBOL/PL1/DB2/Y2K positions in NY,NJ

4. PL1, CICS. DB2/COBOL, ANALYST/PROGRAMMER/WILTS

5. IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings

6. Compiling CICS / DB2 programs on IBM VisualAGE COBOL v2.2

7. Cobol Developers (IBM/DB2/CICS) with at least 3 years APS experience

8. Microfocus Cobol, CICS OS/2, and IBM DB2/2

9. IBM PC COBOL/CICS/DB2 Compile Probs

10. Needed: IBM COBOL - Mainframe CICS and DB2 Programmer/Analysts

11. IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings

12. Lansing MI., Cobol/CICS/DB2 Position Available!