DG AOS/VS II Cobol Ver 4.3 Problem --- Update
Author Message
 DG AOS/VS II Cobol Ver 4.3 Problem --- Update

First, thanks to all of you for responding both to the group and via
email.
It was greatly appreciated.

I was finally able to get hold of a Data General tech rep, even though
they no longer support the product. I even got help for no $$. Anyway,
it turns out that this Cobol ($350.00) does not support indexed files.
Can you believe that??? Truly the evil twin. The solution is to buy the
Data General INFOS package that does the ISAM file handling for
$5600.00. I can't wait to see the look on my client's face when he hears
that!

OK, off to the web to find an alternative solution.

Thanks again Guys and Gals.

John

Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DG AOS/VS II Cobol Rev 4.3 Problem

2. VS COBOL II vs. COBOL/370

3. os/vs cobol vs cobol II

4. New CICS removes Translator support for VS COBOL II (and OS/VS COBOL)

5. OS/VS COBOL to VS COBOL II

6. VS COBOL II vs. OS/390

7. IBM COBOL post-VS COBOL II

8. Differences between VS COBOL II and COBOL for MVS and VM

9. MicroFocus COBOL vs. Mainframe COBOL II

10. Bull Cobol vs MVS Cobol-II

11. VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query

12. COBOL/370 vs. COBOL II TRUNC option