Accessing dbase database with mf cobol
Author Message
 Accessing dbase database with mf cobol

Hello All,

is there any opportunity to access, create and manipulate
dbase databases with mf professional cobol????

Thanks for your help.
Markus

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing dbase database with mf cobol

Quote:
> Hello All,

> is there any opportunity to access, create and manipulate
> dbase databases with mf professional cobol????

Yes, you can link in Bullet which is available as shareware
on the internet.

You do need to use the call interface to access the dBase files,
but it works fine, you can even create them.

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing dbase database with mf cobol

Quote:

>> Hello All,

>> is there any opportunity to access, create and manipulate
>> dbase databases with mf professional cobol????
>Yes, you can link in Bullet which is available as shareware
>on the internet.
>You do need to use the call interface to access the dBase files,
>but it works fine, you can even create them.

This sounds too good to be true.  Does it respect file AND record locking?  TIA
Bob

.
Robert Schuldenfrei
S. I. Inc.
32 Ridley Road
Dedham, MA  02026
Voice: (617) 329-4828
FAX:   (617) 329-1696

WWW:    http://www.tiac.net/users/tangaroa/index.html

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing dbase database with mf cobol

Quote:

> >Yes, you can link in Bullet which is available as shareware
> >on the internet.

> >You do need to use the call interface to access the dBase files,
> >but it works fine, you can even create them.

> This sounds too good to be true.  Does it respect file AND record locking?  TIA

There are locking functions, but while this will allow two or more
copies of bullet to interwork I have no idea what would happen
if you tried to interwork with various xBase sytems.

Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF COBOL accessing XDB database in Win 95?

2. Database Access via MF Cobol

3. Accessing Visual DBASE 5.5 database in VisProRexx

4. TCL Database Access Extensions for xBase/FoxPro/DBase

5. Combine databases COBOL/FOXPRO/FOXBASE/BASIC/CLIPPER/DBASE/SQL/GUPTA etc with Impromptu 3.0

6. Cobol Export to Dbase/Text/access/Foxpro or paradox

7. Opening 2 oracle databases in MF Cobol program?

8. Direct access into MF/Cobol VSAM

9. Accessing A Modem From MF Cobol

10. Using MF cobol with ole/api to access MS Word

11. MF COBOL and MS Access sample needed

12. MF COBOL accessing VBDOS ISAM Files