what is the difference btw interactive and batch in cobol?
Author Message
 what is the difference btw interactive and batch in cobol?

Dear all newsgroup users,

I am a student in cobol programming, just started recently. Wonder if
you can help me out about indexed, squential file, access mode. I felt
extremely confused about the single array and double array...when can we
implement it in a cobol program

And though I read up the Perform Varying in a cobol textbook, i still
cannot know how to use it, especially with a subscript.

I'll appreciate it if you can help me out regarding this.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 what is the difference btw interactive and batch in cobol?
<snip>
You asked a whole bunch, but lets start out with
the perform varying.  But the following into your
code, compile it, and execute it.  By that time
you should be able to figure out what to ask.

In the working storage.
01 this-is-a-number        picture 9(3).

In the procedure division.
Main-line.
    perform this-is-a-paragraph
        varying this-is-a-number from 1 by 1
            until this-is-a-number is greater than 10.
    stop run.

this-is-a-paragraph.
    display this-is-a-number.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 what is the difference btw interactive and batch in cobol?
Dear all newsgroup users,

I am a student in cobol programming, just started recently. Wonder if
you can help me out about indexed, squential file, access mode. I felt
extremely confused about the single array and double array...when can we
implement it in a cobol program

And though I read up the Perform Varying in a cobol textbook, i still
cannot know how to use it, especially with a subscript.

I'll appreciate it if you can help me out regarding this.

Ennie Chua

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 what is the difference btw interactive and batch in cobol?
Please do your own homework!!!!! And quit posting the same
message.

Quote:

--
Jeff Farkas

"I calculated the odds of this thing succeeding versus the odds of
it doing something incredibly stupid. . and. . I went ahead anyway"
{Crow from MST3K}

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Difference btw SF___ and MF____

2. Difference btw print() and write()

3. Difference btw JPython and Jython?

4. difference btw unix and windows tcl/tk

5. interactive expect - from remote batch

6. batch vs interactive : reconnecting to long calculations

7. Difference of Online and Batch in CICS?

8. COBOL II calls to OS/VS COBOL programs in batch

9. DG Interactive COBOL to MF COBOL:any experience?

10. exec and interactive exec differences

11. Differences between VS COBOL II and COBOL for MVS and VM

12. Differences between Cobol and Cobol II (Mainframe)