MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix
Author Message
 MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix

Hi,

we need more informations using MF FileShare running on Sinix/Unix
machines than described within the original MF documentation....i.e.
speed is up to 4 times slower using FileShare instead of 'callable file
handler'. On the Unix side we use already named pipes (ccinampu) as
transport protocol 'cause the fileshare server and the fileshare client
are running on the same machine.

How can we improve speed?

TIA- Stefan Meyer, Triumph International

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix
We're planning to use FileShare on HP unix and AIX.   As a matter of
interest how many users do you have?  Also do you get a steady degradation
as more users log on?

TIA
Rick

Quote:
> Hi,

> we need more informations using MF FileShare running on Sinix/Unix
> machines than described within the original MF documentation....i.e.
> speed is up to 4 times slower using FileShare instead of 'callable file
> handler'. On the Unix side we use already named pipes (ccinampu) as
> transport protocol 'cause the fileshare server and the fileshare client
> are running on the same machine.

> How can we improve speed?

> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

> TIA- Stefan Meyer, Triumph International

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MF FileShare on Sinix/Unix
Hi Rick,

depends on the country: approx 20 (don't laugh).

At the moment FS is not running, because of the speed. But we have to use FS
'cause we need access to the COBOL files from NT-Workstations (including
updates with ODBC-Driver from Parkway).

Interesting is that when accessing the cobol files from NT-Workstations using
ODBC and FS (with ccitcp) the speed is up to 8 times faster than using ODBC
without FS.

Next week I have the chance to test within a country. I'll check if the speed
depends on how many users are logged on (Both NT and Unix side). Will be back
on Friday....

cu - Stefan Meyer

Quote:

> We're planning to use FileShare on HP unix and AIX.   As a matter of
> interest how many users do you have?  Also do you get a steady degradation
> as more users log on?

> TIA
> Rick

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF Cobol under SCO Unix with Fileshare

2. MF Fileshare V2 - Unix.

3. need tclsh&wish for Reliant UNIX (SINIX-Y)

4. MF Fileshare and CCITCP2

5. MF Fileshare - best platform?

6. Merant (MF) Fileshare Crash Problem

7. MF FileShare - Rollback on server crash

8. HELP WITH MF FILESHARE 2.0

9. MF Fileshare v2 Limits

10. MF Fileshare Version 2 & SCO Internet Faststart

11. Filesharing without Filesharing

12. FileShare V2 on Digital Unix 4.0