Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records
Author Message
 Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records

Does anyone know a little tool to do subject ?

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records

Quote:

>Does anyone know a little tool to do subject ?

An appropriate COBOL program works pretty well. ;-)
--

Sun Valley Systems    http://www.sunvaley.com

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records

Quote:

> Does anyone know a little tool to do subject ?

Several generic parsing/converting tools (including ParseRat
http://www.guysoftware.com/parserat.htm).

--
Ed Guy P.Eng,CDP,MIEE
Information Technology Consultant

http://www.guysoftware.com
"Check out HELLLP!, WinHelp author tool for WinWord 2.0 through 2000,
 PlanBee Project Management Planning and Scheduling
 and ParseRat, the File Parser, Converter and Reorganizer"

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records

Quote:

>Does anyone know a little tool to do subject ?

1. Use COBOL, rewrite all numerics to USAGE DISPLAY SIGN SEPARATE.

2. Using COBOL not an option?
a. Do your own bit manipulation from the data description. I have a (HTML)
document on the topic; e-mail me and I''ll send it.
b.I also have a (free) (32-bit) Windows DLL to which you feed the USAGE and
PICTURE clause; it will tell you how many bytes of data this is; pass it
that many bytes, it returns the data as an IEEE datatype.
Write for that, too
c. Other people have products for other environments (well, OK, some have
products for Windows, too, but they can't beat my price).

Michael Mattias
Racine WI USA

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record Length in Ascii File

2. ASCII out, many record formats???

3. problem ascii file with fixed record length

4. ASCII to EBCIDIC to COBOL COMP field

5. Prime record fields on insert - Before adding auto incremented record

6. Color a record in a browse list box by condition of the field in that record

7. Updating a flat (plain) ASCII-file

8. Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

9. STYX-functions (plain ascii) ??

10. Ascii to Binary to Ascii

11. Ascii to Hex, Hex to Ascii convertion

12. ASCII to numbers and numbers to ASCII