complier
Author Message
 complier

Can anyone tell me where I can get a goo dfreeare or shareware colpiler for
cobol

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier
 A free copy of the Fujitsu compiler version 3 is available at
http://www.adtools.com but  spell check is not an option.
Quote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can get a goo dfreeare or shareware colpiler for
> cobol

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me where I can get a goo dfreeare or shareware colpiler for
>cobol

<silliness>
There is a small cafe on Les Champs-Elyses a couple blocks from the
Arc De Triomphe where you can get an excellent goo dfreeare.  Watch
out though, it'll give you a chocolate headache!

The colpiler you can find from Miner's Supply Company in Charleston
West {*filter*}ia.  They're not cheap though.  A good colpiler that will
pile a ton of coal an hour runs about a quarter of a mil!

;-)

</silliness>

With many apologies...I just can't help myself.  All in good fun
though!

Seriously...

The shareware compiler you can download from
www.flexus.com/softwaredownload.html

However, Damon, I must warn you that the shareware compiler may not do
everything you want.  It is a DOS only compiler for one thing and
requires a linker which seems to be quite elusive.  A MUCH, MUCH
better alternative would be to buy Thane Hubbell's book.  Read on, my
friend!

The best place to get a free compiler is to buy Thane Hubbell's book,
"Teach Yourself COBOL In 24 Hours!"

It not only includes a great book, but also incudes a 16 bit version
of the Fujitsu COBOL compiler.  The ISBN number of Thane's book is:

0-672-31453-3

You can buy the book on-line at http://www.*-*-*.com/

...and stay away from the goo dfreeare!  They're just loaded with fat
and calories!!

;-)

Bob Wolfe, flexus
Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier

Quote:

> The best place to get a free compiler is to buy Thane Hubbell's book,
> "Teach Yourself COBOL In 24 Hours!"

> It not only includes a great book, but also incudes a 16 bit version
> of the Fujitsu COBOL compiler.  The ISBN number of Thane's book is:

> 0-672-31453-3

> You can buy the book on-line at http://www.barnesandnoble.com

Just as an added note: It includes the full Fujitsu 3.0 Starter kit,
including 3.0 PowerCOBOL, 16 bit and 32 bit, and their "regular"
COBOL85 offering.  I've heard reports that the 16 bit version works
under the PowerMac windows emulation, but I can't confirm it.
-------------------------
Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.  It was
this
kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Try a better search engine: http://www.google.com

Visit my updated website at
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/2006/

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier
Since you're obviously an expert on words, can you tell me if  "dweeb" is an
acronym for something?
Or maybe some kind of certification? An advanced degree?

I only ask because I heard someone refer to you as one, and I want to make
sure I credit you properly.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:

><silliness>

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier

Quote:

>Since you're obviously an expert on words, can you tell me if  "dweeb" is an
>acronym for something?
>Or maybe some kind of certification? An advanced degree?

>I only ask because I heard someone refer to you as one, and I want to make
>sure I credit you properly.

Ah yes, the classic dweeb...

No, the word, dweeb is not anacronym, not a certification, nor an
advanced degree.  A dweeb is generally a dry, crusty, miserable person
who does not know how to relax and enjoy life.  Dweebs can be easily
detected, because they usually resort to childish behavior such as
name calling.

The term dweeb can also be used interchageably with the word, eunuch,
because dweebs generally don't have the courage to address their
negative comments or name calling to individuals directly, but rather
prefer to channel them anonymously through others.

Dweebs have zero sense of humor, are almost always very lonely and
generally have the personality of a clam.

Those who know me well would tell you that I am not qualified for such
a title...sorry!

Quote:
>--
>Michael Mattias
>Tal Systems
>Racine WI USA

>><silliness>

Bob Wolfe, flexus
Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier
Bob, I normally avoid non-programming threads - no time. But your reply was
classic! Touche!

--
George K

Quote:

> >Since you're obviously an expert on words, can you tell me if  "dweeb" is
an
> >acronym for something?
> >Or maybe some kind of certification? An advanced degree?

> >I only ask because I heard someone refer to you as one, and I want to
make
> >sure I credit you properly.

> Ah yes, the classic dweeb...

> No, the word, dweeb is not anacronym, not a certification, nor an
> advanced degree.  A dweeb is generally a dry, crusty, miserable person
> who does not know how to relax and enjoy life.  Dweebs can be easily
> detected, because they usually resort to childish behavior such as
> name calling.

> The term dweeb can also be used interchageably with the word, eunuch,
> because dweebs generally don't have the courage to address their
> negative comments or name calling to individuals directly, but rather
> prefer to channel them anonymously through others.

> Dweebs have zero sense of humor, are almost always very lonely and
> generally have the personality of a clam.

> Those who know me well would tell you that I am not qualified for such
> a title...sorry!

> >--
> >Michael Mattias
> >Tal Systems
> >Racine WI USA

> >><silliness>

> Bob Wolfe, flexus
> Check out The Flexus COBOL Page at http://www.flexus.com

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 complier
Hmm...I thought dweebs at least sometimes think about sex. ("fantasize" may
be a more appropos verb here).

Oops! On second thought, you are absolutely correct: It's just that with
dweebs, "cut off" tends to apply to social occasions rather than body parts.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:

>The term dweeb can also be used interchageably with the word, eunuch,...

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using GNU C complier as the "default" windows complier

2. Palm Pilot Complier?

3. Smalltalk Complier

4. HELP! I need a smalltalk complier

5. How Complier Borland C

6. de-complier for Clipp

7. de-complier for Clipper

8. Complier switches for Clipper 5.3 and MSC8.0

9. suggestions for Forth complier.interpreter

10. Modula 2 complier for HP-UX ??

11. System 3 & Oberon(-2) complier

12. PL/I Complier Vendors wanted