Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB
Author Message
 Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB

Hi there,
Our team is building an application with a VB-frontend and a
COBOL-backend.
Sofar no problem.
But a small part is using OO-COBOL and when we build this into a DLL
we have to supply a part of the application-server from the NetExpress
environment to get it working. How can we build the COBOL-DLL without
the use of any part of the application-server?

Thanks in advance,
Klaas

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:04:50 GMT
 Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB
As far as I know, Net Express will not allow you to statically link an
Object Cobol class to a DLL or EXE. This means that you will always have to
ship components of the app-server. I'm afraid you can't overcome this.

Panos

Quote:
> Hi there,
> Our team is building an application with a VB-frontend and a
> COBOL-backend.
> Sofar no problem.
> But a small part is using OO-COBOL and when we build this into a DLL
> we have to supply a part of the application-server from the NetExpress
> environment to get it working. How can we build the COBOL-DLL without
> the use of any part of the application-server?

> Thanks in advance,
> Klaas

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:53:31 GMT
 Calling MF COBOL-DLL from VB

Quote:

> Hi there,
> Our team is building an application with a VB-frontend and a
> COBOL-backend.
> Sofar no problem.
> But a small part is using OO-COBOL and when we build this into a DLL
> we have to supply a part of the application-server from the NetExpress
> environment to get it working. How can we build the COBOL-DLL without
> the use of any part of the application-server?

> Thanks in advance,
> Klaas

Klaas,

The short answer to this is that you can't.

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:02:16 GMT

1. Help on Net Express COBOL dll and calling the DLL from VB program

2. Calling VB progs from MF Cobol....

3. VB call to Cobol .dll

4. VB 6 call to Fujitsu COBOL DLL problem

5. ACU COBOL calling VB DLL's

6. NetExpress Cobol Calling VB DLL

7. VB calling COBOL dlls?

8. Calling C++ DLL from MF COBOL

9. REXX calling MF Cobol DLLs problem

10. Calling Win32 DLL Functions from MF COBOL

11. MF-COBOL and DLL's: Call shows strange errors

12. calling a MF COBOL .dll (ver 3.2.50) from VB5