Color Change
Author Message
 Color Change

I have one last question, is their anyway to change color in CoBOL?

Thank you
Patrick L. Lykins

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Color Change

Quote:

> I have one last question, is their anyway to change color in CoBOL?

That will depend entirely on what is required to have its
colour changed: printouts ? the programmer ? the source
code ?

If it is Cobol DISPLAYs to screen then there are several
ways to do it and this depends on the environment and the
compiler used.

With MicroFocus (or MS Cobol) you can do it with SCREEN
SECTION, with DISPLAY .... FOREGROUND-COLOUR BACKGROUND-COLOUR
(or even COLOR), or with CBL_WRITE_SCR_CHARS_ATTR (or
similar). or CALL x"A7", or configuring the ADIS
routines.

In some environments you can send control sequences to
the screen to effect the colour changes.

Or you can provide a configuration file withh appropriate
settings.

Other compilers may have similar facilities or different
ones.  This may also depend on how you are displaying
to the screen (eg ANSI DISPLAY, extended DISPLAY or
Windows API).

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Color change for Object3D

2. Colors changed on the end user PCs

3. Color Change in 5.3

4. Color changes to Elevation Grid from Java

5. TK image, black color changes to grey or nothing

6. disabled radiobutton coloring changed - bug or feature

7. Color change within a text widget

8. Adapt to user requested color changes in Tk on Windows

9. Color changes on Windows

10. color ramp not changing to reflect interactive seting of hi/low color boxes

11. Changing font color/size and background color with Tile

12. Changing Color Palette