VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query
Author Message
 VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query

hi,

I'm looking into the feasibility of converting a batch suite of programs
from an MVS m/f to an AS/400. Since both the compilers I will be using
are built to ANSI 85 standards it might seem to be relatively simple but
an IBM Red Book conversion guide I have says the following

'VS COBOL II has numerous IBM extensions which add to or contradict
language element rules or restrictions. These are documented in the VS
COBOL II APR and have not been incorporated into COBOL/400'

This implies that COBOL/400 has no IBM extensions which just isn't true.

Has any one any experience of migrating any COBOL from the m/f to the
AS/400? And which extensions are not built in to COBOL/400 that are
likely to cause grief?

Jon

Fri, 25 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VS COBOL II to COBOL/400 conversion query

You might try using FLAGSTD in VS COBOL II to see how far out of standard
that your code is.

One (potential) problem is the issue of COMP-x data, and apost's.

Rex Widmer
Builder of software archeology tools and other strange programs to help
survive in a legacy based world.

Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MF VS/Cobol to Cobol II/370 Conversion?

2. rpg/400 to cobol/400 conversion?

3. IBM Mainframe COBOL vs. AS/400 COBOL

4. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

5. VS COBOL II vs. COBOL/370

6. os/vs cobol vs cobol II

7. New CICS removes Translator support for VS COBOL II (and OS/VS COBOL)

8. OS/VS COBOL to VS COBOL II

9. AS/400, RPG/400, COBOL, CL/400

10. COBOL to COBOL II Conversion

11. US*NC COBOL/COBOL II Conversion