Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem
Author Message
 Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem

I am converting a batch app from Realia Cobol v3 (DOS) to Realia
Workbench 3.1 (NT).
One program won't behave the same upon recompilation.
I have tried every trick in the book to find out why.

I don't have any doco on what language-level Cobol version v3 is, so I
have tried recompiling in Realia4, Realia, ANSI74, 85, error checking
on/off etc without success.

So (1) does anyone know what options should be used with Workbench to
do the recompilation?

(2) Is it possible to trace a v3 program?

I reckon the problem is related to COMP SYNC usage.
(3) Does anyone know what COMP in v3 equates to in Workbench
(comp-3,4,5 etc)?

Any sggestions appreciated.
Maurice

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:43:13 GMT
 Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem
1) Have you spoken to Computer Associates technical support? They will
gladly help if oyu are are the lciensed owner of a  version of
workbench 3.1.

2)What exactly is the problem? can you stil compile with 16 bit? If so
check the compiled options list at the end of the listing and see if
there's a difference.

Charles Godwin
Computer Associates
Development Manager
Advantage CA-Realia II Workbench

Quote:

> I am converting a batch app from Realia Cobol v3 (DOS) to Realia
> Workbench 3.1 (NT).
> One program won't behave the same upon recompilation.
> I have tried every trick in the book to find out why.

> I don't have any doco on what language-level Cobol version v3 is, so I
> have tried recompiling in Realia4, Realia, ANSI74, 85, error checking
> on/off etc without success.

> So (1) does anyone know what options should be used with Workbench to
> do the recompilation?

> (2) Is it possible to trace a v3 program?

> I reckon the problem is related to COMP SYNC usage.
> (3) Does anyone know what COMP in v3 equates to in Workbench
> (comp-3,4,5 etc)?

> Any sggestions appreciated.
> Maurice

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:33:50 GMT
 Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem

Quote:

> > I am converting a batch app from Realia Cobol v3 (DOS) to Realia
> > Workbench 3.1 (NT).
> > One program won't behave the same upon recompilation.
> > I have tried every trick in the book to find out why.

For the benefit of anyone searching this message in the future, the
problem was that the following structure compiles OK but the program
appeared not to be able to access the elements of ABC-REC correctly.

01  ABC-REC.
  03  IN-CHAR OCCURS 1 TO 512
            DEPENDING ON REC-LEN
            INDEXED BY XIN
            PIC X.

The fix was to change ABC-REC to X(512).

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:06:35 GMT
 Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem

do you still have that realia v3, i assume its 16-bit, if so and you
have the manual would you be interested in selling it?

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:52:15 GMT
 Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem
The current version is Workbench 3.?. The older version is Relia COBOL 4.?

Quote:

> do you still have that realia v3, i assume its 16-bit, if so and you
> have the manual would you be interested in selling it?

> --

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:54:55 GMT

1. 16bit to 32bit conversion

2. Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit

3. Help: 16bit or 32bit-dll

4. Problem O2/2 warp 32bit cobol calling 16bit c

5. Going from 16bit to 32bit

6. 32bit runtime errors - 16bit runs fim

7. 32bit vs 16bit

8. Detecting 16bit or 32bit OS

9. Clarion - 32bit application slower than 16bit

10. 32bit menu vs 16bit

11. SecWin 16bit & 32bit