novell user-name (micro focus)
Author Message
 novell user-name (micro focus)

I don't know of any (not that I am the grand wizard of MF Cobol) but
a few years back I was faced with the daunting task of converting DG
ICOBOL to RM & MF to run on multiple platforms. What we ended up doing is
to get user-name, terminal # information from the command line since all
the o/s's had system variables available.  On networks like novell we
even went as far as to grab the physical address from the network cards
to get a unique number that we translated into a line #.

Just a thought...

Dan

--
                  Jupiter Five Technologies
        Contact: Daniel Doyon     Phone: 617/623-6277

Specializing in Data Entry, Data Processing, CAD Drawing Conversion

Wed, 03 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

2. Novell-Tolls & Micro-Focus

3. Micro Focus COBOL 3.1 (for DOS) and Novell 5.1

4. Micro Focus COBOL Printfile unique names

5. Micro Focus User Conferences Again?

6. Micro Focus Users group meeting, Seattle, October 17

7. Micro Focus User Conference Information

8. Micro Focus User-Written File Handler Problems

9. Chicago area Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

10. Midwest Area Micro Focus Users Group

11. User-defined functions in micro-focus cobol 3.4?

12. Micro Focus user groups, periodic post