MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x 
Author Message
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

My client management was about to throw away a complete MF 3.2x
Workbench package, and I asked if I could have it, and they said yes !
There are about 2 dz manuals all in sealed boxes, and a package of disks
- at least 15, labeled Setup, Workbench, Toolkit, Cobol. I don't see any
gaps in the number sequence, but I've not had a chance to really
inventory them.  The package is labeled MF 3.2 for DOS/Windows/OS2.
There are also some early release OCX disks(??).

From what I could see, this seems to be a relatively current version, as
I see dates of 1994 in one of the manuals.  I think it is v3.21, but I
have not yet brought it home.

My problem is that there is so much there, I don't really know where to
start.  Can any one give me some guidance and direction ??

At the moment, I don't even have enough space on my hard drive for it -
time for a new one I guess.

Bob
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT                

                  THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE                  
          THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !            
----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+



Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

Quote:

>My client management was about to throw away a complete MF 3.2x
>Workbench package, and I asked if I could have it, and they said yes !
>There are about 2 dz manuals all in sealed boxes, and a package of disks
>- at least 15, labeled Setup, Workbench, Toolkit, Cobol. I don't see any
>gaps in the number sequence, but I've not had a chance to really
>inventory them.  The package is labeled MF 3.2 for DOS/Windows/OS2.
>There are also some early release OCX disks(??).

>From what I could see, this seems to be a relatively current version, as
>I see dates of 1994 in one of the manuals.  I think it is v3.21, but I
>have not yet brought it home.

>My problem is that there is so much there, I don't really know where to
>start.  Can any one give me some guidance and direction ??

>At the moment, I don't even have enough space on my hard drive for it -
>time for a new one I guess.

>Bob
>--
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT

>                  THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE
>          THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !
>----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

Unless I am mistaken, you should be able to put in the 1st Workbench disk,
change to that drive and enter

     setup wb

If that doesn't work, do a
   dir *.ini

on the 1st Workbench disk and see what you get.

There are "minimal" installations that you can do, but tailoring such takes
some knowledge of MF.

I hopet this helps.



Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x
The complete installation takes about 20Mb of disk space.  Version 3.2
is not really the latest. The last version for 3.2 is 3.2.5 and then
went up to v3.4.  Versions 3.2.5 and 3.4 are 16bit versions.

For the Workbench series you should have at least 17 manuals, 7 disks
for the Cobol, 5 disks for Toolset, 5 disks for Workbench, and 1disk
for Early Release.

To install, load the Workbench Disk 1 - Setup and run setup.exe then
follow the instructions on the screen. This will install workbench,
toolset and cobol.

If your version is below 3.2.5 you can download an upgrade to 3.2.5
from MF Website.

If you are using the product to develop software I would recommend you
look at Fujitsu Cobol v4.0 (www.adtools.com) as well as SP2 from
Flexus International (www.flexus.com).

If you need more info, email.

Good Luck.

Tony M. Mina



Quote:
>My client management was about to throw away a complete MF 3.2x
>Workbench package, and I asked if I could have it, and they said yes !
>There are about 2 dz manuals all in sealed boxes, and a package of disks
>- at least 15, labeled Setup, Workbench, Toolkit, Cobol. I don't see any
>gaps in the number sequence, but I've not had a chance to really
>inventory them.  The package is labeled MF 3.2 for DOS/Windows/OS2.
>There are also some early release OCX disks(??).

>From what I could see, this seems to be a relatively current version, as
>I see dates of 1994 in one of the manuals.  I think it is v3.21, but I
>have not yet brought it home.

>My problem is that there is so much there, I don't really know where to
>start.  Can any one give me some guidance and direction ??

>At the moment, I don't even have enough space on my hard drive for it -
>time for a new one I guess.

>Bob
>--
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT                

>                  THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE                  
>          THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !            
>----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+



Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

Quote:
>The last version for 3.2 is 3.2.5 and then
>went up to v3.4.  Versions 3.2.5 and 3.4 are 16bit versions.

I've been using 3.2.5 for some time now (I think 3 years, but
there was that spell in rehab....) in a DOS environment and it
suits our needs just fine.  Very stable and predictable.

We're running code that was lifted off a Unix mid-range.  As
in lifted off in a full-scale panic.  I was able to tar the data files,
the source code, most of the copy members, then the genie got
out of the bottle... but that's another story.

JC Jones.



Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

Quote:

> My client management was about to throw away a complete MF 3.2x
> Workbench package, and I asked if I could have it, and they said yes !
> There are about 2 dz manuals all in sealed boxes, and a package of disks
> - at least 15, labeled Setup, Workbench, Toolkit, Cobol. I don't see any
> gaps in the number sequence, but I've not had a chance to really
> inventory them.  The package is labeled MF 3.2 for DOS/Windows/OS2.
> There are also some early release OCX disks(??).

Make sure you have the red card with the barcode on it (about 8" x
5").  It has a number you will need to install.  


Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x


Quote:
>The complete installation takes about 20Mb of disk space.  Version 3.2
>is not really the latest. The last version for 3.2 is 3.2.5 and then
>went up to v3.4.  Versions 3.2.5 and 3.4 are 16bit versions.

3.2.50 was the last one IIRC. 3.4 is the current 16bit product though
that is phased out June1999.

--
Shaun



Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

Quote:
>Make sure you have the red card with the barcode on it (about 8" x
>5").  It has a number you will need to install.  

And if it's a UK version it needs a yellow dongle in the parallel
port. I don't recall if the US version had dongles.

--
Shaun



Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x

Quote:

> Make sure you have the red card with the barcode on it (about 8" x
> 5").  It has a number you will need to install.

Yes - I have the red card, but thanks for pointing it out before I lost
track of it !  There is also a set of 4 update disks labeled
"COBOL/TOOLSET/WORKBENCH OSX Early Release Update Package v 3.2.41"

Bob
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Bob Berman   -    West Hartford, CT                

                  THE TRUE TERRORISTS IN AMERICA ARE                  
          THE PEOPLE WHO DEMAND TO SEE THE STORE MANAGER !            
----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+



Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 MicroFocus Cobol Workbench v3.2x
Do you have the yellow security key?  I have MF Toolset 3.2 and it requires
a security key for it to work. I know workbench does too. If not, you should
check around for it.


Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Looking for latest version update for Microfocus workbench v3.2.43

2. NEED MICRO FOCUS COBOL WORKBENCH V3.2.20

3. FS: Micro Focus COBOL Workbench v3.2.2

4. Wang COBOL on MicroFocus Workbench

5. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench

6. MicroFocus Cobol Workbench 4.0?

7. MICROFOCUS COBOL WORKBENCH VERSION 3.1 TO 4.0

8. OS/2 DosDEvIOCtl call in Microfocus COBOL Workbench (3.2.27)

9. Help with Microfocus personal cobol and Microfocus Level II cobol

10. CA-Realia II Workbench vs. COBOL Workbench

11. WorkBench V3.4 Problem

12. Want to buy MFCOBOL workbench v3 used

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software